Hotel Dates - Why?

Hotel Dates - Why?
I can think of some practical reasons to spend some time in a hotel with someone:

1: If one of you lives in Bremen and the other in Pirmasens, and you meet at a club in Frankfurt, a hotel makes sense.

2: Neither one of you will have to wash the sheets the next day.

3: You really don't want the other person to know where you live. (Why not? If you're that unsure of the character of the other person, maybe you should reconsider bedding them.)

4: A tiny bit of extra naughtiness...although for that it should really be a sleazy motel with a "concierge" who is wearing a stained t-shirt and hasn't shaved in two days.

And I can't think of any other reason. Are there other reasons?
*****d79 Couple
542 Posts
*lol* What about you have 3 Teenagers at home, who come and go as they see fit?
Kind of hard to explain why Mum is upstairs with a couple of guys.
****_W Man
9 Posts
Privacy. If you don't necessarily intend to see each other more frequently there's no reason to know each other's personally identifiable information. This is less about character than it is about keeping personal information safe on principle. Your mileage might vary but it's a valid reason nonetheless.

Depending on your neighbourhood neighbours also might start talking. Even if you couldn't care less about that neighbourhood gossip can be a real nuisance.
Quote from *****d79:

Ah. Hadn't thought of that. My son is 1000 miles away. *lach*
*******ple Couple
438 Posts
Change of sight around....everything looks lesser normal around you in a hotel....TAPETENWECHSEL
*********nies Couple
115 Posts
Random question? Does anyone actually care? *haumichwech*
**********Dream Man
6 Posts
Quote from ******Sir:
Quote from *****d79:

Ah. Hadn't thought of that. My son is 1000 miles away. *lach*

He can give u a surprise visit hahahaha
*********torm Couple
53 Posts
Think there are plenty of reasons why people use hotels.

Another would be that it’s easier for them to relax in a neutral environment compared to their own home with family pictures or memories around.
***GC Couple
1 Posts
Going to a hotel means I dont have to worry about cleaning the house *lol*
*********torm Couple
53 Posts
Quote from ***GC:
Going to a hotel means I dont have to worry about cleaning the house *lol*

Good point! 😃
When it's a clandestine meeting. For instance one partner lives with overbearing parents ... and the other comes to the city from abroad, but stays with friends who know he's got a girlfriend at home ...
Want to join the discussion?
Register now for free to discuss hot topics with others and ask your own questions.