Differences and similaries

******a19 Woman
381 Posts
Thread creator 
How much is important to have differences and similaries between two people in a relationship or other? And how can combine between them? For tastes, preferences, experience, etc?
My opinion is that there should be a healthy amount of crossover or things you have in common but enough differences to keep it interesting and fresh.
******a19 Woman
381 Posts
Thread creator 
Quote from *******Lady:
My opinion is that there should be a healthy amount of crossover or things you have in common but enough differences to keep it interesting and fresh.
Yes. I do agree with you. It's interesting to have some differences and to accept them too. So in that way one relationship could be not boring.
This is an interesting question! I strongly believe in any healthy relationship between two persons a good balance is the key to growth and development. It's empowering to meet like-minded people who share common values and interests. It's fun to share our joy and excitement with the people who are similar to us. People who understand us very well and they encourage us to become better human beings but it's also necessary to meet people who are very different to us. People who have totally different interests and opinions about what a fulfilling passionate relationship can be. I bump into such people every now and then. I even fell in love with someone who was very different from me and that was quite a painful experience but that one particular person made me become a much better man. That experience led to so much understanding about myself, my strengths and weaknesses.
****Man Man
1 Posts
Quote from ******a19:
How much is important to have differences and similaries between two people in a relationship or other? And how can combine between them? For tastes, preferences, experience, etc?

It is like Unity in diversity. Partners are always diverse but there is always a thread which ties them together. Rule of polarity is also to attract opposites. It could be gender, likes, emotions, intelligence and so on. What is most important is similarities in thoughts to accept each other as they are over differences they carry. Giving and receiving can combine them well.
******a20 Man
12 Posts
As per nature partners are not same and similar in all aspects. They complement each other. Difference bound to happen and is for good. This makes creativity and the next level of development starts. *wink*
******_by Man
76 Posts
A common ground is needed. And then plenty of curiously and respect to value the differences ! *kuss*
********dboy Couple
1 Posts
What is your opinion on the age difference between sexual partners?
1. Is the difference stimulating...?
2. Whether the difference is discouraging...?
Quote from ********dboy:
I’ve found that young lovers need guidance and older lovers already know the best path to take. *zwinker*
@*******Lady Not always *zwinker* It could be true to a certain extent but I know some wonderful people who are in their 40's, 50's and 60's who still don't know the best path to take, so to speak. @********dboy the age difference has never been an issue for me. I hooked up with women who were 10 years younger than me and also I've been with women who were 20 years my senior. In fact one of my unforgettable memories happened with someone who was 35 years older than me so I'm totally open to every person I meet on my journey. I need to feel there's chemistry and a connection from heart to heart and I love having profound conversations with smart people which means a certain level of intellect is something that turns me on. It fits or not and age doesn't play a role Just my two cents!
******a19 Woman
381 Posts
Thread creator 
Quote from ********dboy:
It depends. Age doesn't correspond always of maturity, or of experience. . In my past i staied with someone 12 years older than me. But now i also appreciate someone younger than me of 10 years old.
I think it's extremely important to have similarities in lifestyle and core values. Outside of that, differences with preferences or interests is quite healthy and will help grow the relationship by learning from your partner, deepening respect and admiration.
Want to join the discussion?
Register now for free to discuss hot topics with others and ask your own questions.