First dates with people from Joy

First dates with people from Joy
Hello, Kinksters 😈

I would like to know what frequently happens when you first meet people from Joy.

I have had nearly identical experiences over the past few years on first dates. We meet, the dude quickly realizes I'm intelligent and not a raging whore (no shade), and things usually fizzle down from there.

I'm curious about the difference first dates you all have had (men and women).
Well, since I am very new to Joy and haven't had any dates so far from here, I am genuinly very curious too *g*
***o2 Couple
142 Posts
As the woman’s point of view, since I do meet individuals with one on one I can say I have two different outcomes. One is that I meet the guy and there is no attraction whether to his looks or personality and it ends with a friendship. The other outcome is that we meet for drinks or dinner and realize that there is a connection and we end with a hot steamy night. Some guys I end up seeing several times and also develop a friendship
*********cher Woman
5 Posts
First date
Hi, I'm also newbie here and i can share my experience.
I had 10+ dates within 3 weeks on Joy, this not include from other dating apps. I would say i have dates every two days or sometimes twice a day 😉
Each first date is different and unique, after doing this dating apps for years i kinda know what can happen in each first date based on their profile and their writing style when they send msg for the first time. I know some people will feel intimidated and run away after first date, some other i will take home right away and have sex -- can be regular or one time only. Some other will keep continue sending text after sex/play, some other stop, and some other just fun to be friends. Once you meet the person, you kinda can guess how it will ends. Trust your guts.

I think what most important is to know what we want and what our limitation and rules. Bad dates sometimes needed to better understand what we like/dislike to set a standard or values for ourselves.

If they feel intimidated by your intellectual or power, they just dont deserve you. Let it go.
*********ease Couple
26 Posts
Quote from *********cher:
If they feel intimidated by your intellectual or power, they just dont deserve you. Let it go.

Amen to that.
********ette Man
2,291 Posts
I'm really not a frequent dater, but I had a few (I'm guessing, half a dozen) since I started my membership here on joyclub. Every date but one (she got cold feet and never showed up) was a success - regarding the desire for a second date.

There always was some time of online chatting, before we met, which gave a brief overview whether there was a matching character on the other side of the screen.

When it came to meeting each other, We always tried to find something "not that usual". I had a first date puzzling in an Escaperoom, had a lot of fun chopstick massacring Sushi (no, I‘m not that bad in eating with them), did a "cook and hook" at someone's home and a warm up ice skating.

So to sum up my posting: I always had a good feeling regarding the person I was going to meet. And we ended up having the same kind of humour and sharing nearly the same view of things, while not only sitting face to face, drinking a coffee.
****ick Man
16 Posts
Hi. Some very interesting replies. I am new to Joyclub so nothing to report at the moment. Tom
****BG Man
61 Posts
I have not yet met anyone from this site. BUT...through other platforms it has been all quite standard for me. I usually only met with people with somewhat fun personalities. So we meet for drinks, usually always had laughs and open chats about the lifestyle and some personal things, and then based on how that all went decided what happened next. I have personally only had a few shitty experiences, which funny enough came when I was part of a couple.
*********osaur Man
305 Posts
I think it's more like any other social first-time meeting than not - if you can "make friends", then everything else is easy (however it ends up) - if you can't make friends then it's unlikely anything else is going to be satisfactory.
*******c3y Man
5 Posts
Still new and interested in what characters I may find myself meeting, here. Otherwise curious. With the right personality and depending on the vibe(boundaries) set prior to said date, then a date should never go wrong, only not how your expectation premeditated.🧐😊
*****n87 Man
7 Posts
I am likewise new here and also curious to find out about this topic!
I go on dates after a few messages. My profile clearly states what I am looking for and not looking for. However, most just look at the pictures and likes/dislikes. Very few read the description. I've learned that people live in their own version of reality, which I break when we meet. I wish there was a rating for member experiences with each other. There should be a rating for exchanges online and in-person experiences.

Joy Club! Are you reading this recommend? I hope so.
********ette Man
2,291 Posts
Quote from *******n74:
I wish there was a rating for member experiences with each other. There should be a rating for exchanges online and in-person experiences.
*nein* There should not and there will never be a public rating system. As that will throw the gates wide open for "witch hunting" - which is prohibited by the Joyclub rules of conduct.

https://www.joyclub.com/en/hilfe/spielregeln.html#public_witch_hunts_wli
****eee Couple
539 Posts
I can only speak from our experience as a couple. Getting in contact with other couples has been a 50:50 experience. Sometimes it went well, sometimes it turns out there's no chemistry and most often nothing happens because the texting just already feels off.

As for single dates, we don't use joyclub. I (the man) can't fulfill most requirements on here and she has no problem finding compatible guys with any other given dating app.
"*nein* There should not and there will never be a public rating system. As that will throw the gates wide open for "witch hunting" - which is prohibited by the Joyclub rules of conduct."

It wouldn't be a badge of shame. Don't think so negatively. It could be based on positive votes only. It could be something as simple as recommendations badges. Kind of like merit badges for kink.
*********osaur Man
305 Posts
It's a nice idea, many dating sites have tried it ...

... problem is that it kills the site because it creates a very obvious pyramid scheme.

If you're in the first wave - and your first few dates happen to go well - then it's awesome because you get a positive review and you start getting way more contacts because you're instantly a much safer option.

Thing is that if you're not in that first wave/your first few dates didn't happen to go well, the platform is now heavily and visibly biased against you - why would you stick around?

So, users bail, now user inflow declines and the platform dies (to the confusion of the lucky minority in the first wave for whom everything was going so well but who in any case probably now have a lot of real life contacts).
Good point.
******_be Woman
121 Posts
I've had only lovely dates on here, and they all ended in sex either directly on the first date or the second. One of them turned into a f+ that lasted a few months before he got into a serious relationship, and another one has become a permanent presence in my life. So, I'd say, thanks JC!

As to what happens on dates - I usually meet up with them to go for walks. I prefer those to sitting face to face at a restaurant or bar. I did have a first date though where we met and spent the afternoon crafting with paper and glue - that was a lot of fun!
We usually talk about how we found Joy, past relationships, what we are looking for, hobbies, maybe job and family and friends. We might start touching by "accident", maybe sit down somewhere, close to each other. And at some point start making out, maybe go to his place or mine, or find a quiet place outside.

And if it doesn't go well, then I will say so at some point, along the lines of, I am not feeling it, I am not into you, and I will go home now. Or I'll say I need another date to see if it clicks.

But that's just me. Usually I can have casual sex with the guys (or girls), because we have already established some kind of connection online.
Looking forward to reading other experiences!
*********onfly Woman
78 Posts
very good *knuddel*
*******bull Man
7 Posts
I didn’t any experience about meeting with someone from here . But I am very curious about that . Yes this is very strong time to do it about covid19 . I am always careful about hygiene and healthy and I was on it too before because there is a lot of diseases . Hope that I could find right partners and I wish luck for all members *zwinker*
**********aison Man
372 Posts
So far, I have not run into issues on a date. Usually we have written enough or flirted in chat.

But I never go into a date expecting too much. So if it does not work out then ok... but that has not happened so far.

Some first dates we simply meet to meet, then the next date we plan more time for fun. But there are first dates that become a firey blaze of passion.

I just try to be respectful to the woman or couple. A 'no' means 'no' whether they say it or I say it.
In my experience, there is sufficient communication to establish meeting would be worthwhile. Expectations, boundaries, character traits, etc are shared and appear to match.

However, in those select few who would be worth meeting again, I often find that even though I have clearly stated what I am looking for, they somehow didn't understand or don't want to understand what I wrote in my profile. The dates go extremely well and they are eager to meet again but they want to change the conditions for dating me. It is as if after meeting, the terms of continuing to date me are flexible or negotiable.

Has anyone else had this experience?
*********onfly Woman
78 Posts
Interesting but im dont know answer *knuddel*
******_be Woman
121 Posts
Yes, I have had that experience. Stated very clearly what I'd like and then they just push for more. Or don't keep up their end. Goes both ways.

I usually just stopped texting them, and depending on their behaviour beforehand, I give them an explanation or we just ghost each other 🤷‍♀️

Unfortunately that is the way the world works, at least in my experience.
It's ridiculous. I spent some time texting, comparing what they text vs what they put in their profile description, moving over to WhatsApp before arranging the first date. The first dates are usually great but afterwards comes the negotiations. Like seriously, I'm not Monty Hall from Let's make a deal. I mean what I say and put in my profile.
Want to join the discussion?
Register now for free to discuss hot topics with others and ask your own questions.