Masos: How to avoid injuries during rough play?

Masos: How to avoid injuries during rough play?
Hello, fellow Kinksters;

I have always enjoyed rough sex. The harder, the better. 🤤

Recently, I was pushing my limits of pain and afterwards I suffered a lot from it.

During the act, my endorphins were so high, I felt no pain whatsoever. However, the very next day I realized I had gone too far and injured myself greatly.

My partner felt terrible but I assured him I was enjoying the experience during the act. I just kind of forgot about the endorphins rushing through my body at the time of the act which pretty much left me feeling numb and awesome. I wanted to see how much I could take. Clearly, I should have stopped sooner than I did.

Has anyone else ever accidentally injure themselves unintentionally when practicing S&M?

What tips can you offer to avoid accidental injuries?
*******r87 Man
7 Posts
You dont avoid the injuries thats all. Or you better have good Doctor 😁
*****eld Man
34 Posts
My foreskin was injured so badly with one blow from a riding crop it just never got better. Had to have it removed. Does that count? I have to say the pain was worth it. Just a little less then having an instrument pushed into a live tooth nerve (bad dentist). Quite electrifying. How to avoid an injury like that? No idea, I was bound up like a mummy....
*********annie Woman
56 Posts
Happened to me a few times. There are certain practices I started avoiding because they kept landing me in the doctor's office. However, I don't want to give up everything that's fun to me just because of the potential health risks. There's just always a certain risk associated with rough sex, and up to a certain point, I'm willing to accept that risk.
I think if you want to avoid future injuries, you should start asking yourself what risks you are willing to take, and where you would draw the line. As in "blowing my eardrums out is okay, breaking bones is too much", or wherever you wanna draw that line. Once you've decided on your personal boundaries, you and your partner can start figuring out what practices you wanna keep up, where you want to make some adjustments, and what you should probably give up for good. But just like anywhere else in life, no matter how careful you are, unfortunately, sometimes accidents just happen.
*********onfly Woman
78 Posts
im have many costumes *knuddel*
**********aison Man
372 Posts
Well, I never get that wild where an injury could happen.
A girlfriend and I did break a bed frame once when I was younger.

I know there are others out there into really harder things. It is just something I have not gotten into. But I think if you are into those kind of things. Then you most likely need safe words. Or at least know your limits and express when your limits have been surpassed.

And if you know you might get hurt, why risk it.... or at least play a little safer if you do.
It's a bit difficult to put in words but I will give it a try.

When endorphins are running high, it is nearly impossible to notice that the sex act is getting to the point of injury. It's also difficult to be rational when you are in the sweet throws of ecstasy. In my case, the harder it got, the better it felt (initially). The agony the following weeks weren't great at all.

I've come to the point in my kink where I have to tone down the thrashings because my body isn't able to recover as quickly as I once did years ago. Now, if only my monster ego would accept this fact. 😜
I too like sex a bit rough but am also dominant so there is this strange dual side about me.

During rough sex, the endorphins wipe clean anything going on around me. Basically I have to trust the person I am with to not take it so far. Last year in the beginning of Covid there was an incident where the next day there was quite a bit of evidence that we had taken it too far. The evidence lasted a while. I laughed it off but it was an eye opener for me.

As a dominant, I thoroughly discuss things ahead of time as well as expectations, what if any marks are allowed or wanted, level of pain etc.

On the receiving end of a physically strong male who able to fuck hard, I tend to push the limits. Also, I feel very little pain so it can be a dangerous combo.
The lesson I learned from my injury is that after I cum, I can't tell if the play is too hard since my body is full of endorphins. Therefore, I shouldn't engage in rough sex after climax, even the little ones since my pain threshold is basically nonexistent because of the released endorphins.

Has anyone else had this experience during rough sex?
Quote from *******n74:
The lesson I learned from my injury is that after I cum, I can't tell if the play is too hard since my body is full of endorphins. Therefore, I shouldn't engage in rough sex after climax, even the little ones since my pain threshold is basically nonexistent because of the released endorphins.

Has anyone else had this experience during rough sex?
sure. I cum easily too and often unless you are really lazy and then I am out quickly. ;). It takes a lot of trust to keep going and have a balance at that level. Good to talk to your partner ahead of time with expectations and limits in the event you are too intoxicated from your own self-high.
Want to join the discussion?
Register now for free to discuss hot topics with others and ask your own questions.