Girl, Woman, or Lady. Boy or Man: What Names do you prefer?

I’ve been called out that I may be the problem when someone uses the term “girl” instead of woman or lady.

Do you like to be called “girl” (or “boy” if you identify as a male)?

Are there any other names that you don’t or do like to be called?

I’m very curious and thanks for taking the time.
**C Man
12,045 Posts
...I like to be called by my First Name and yes, I am a man....
I'm kind of keen on your highness 😜

I prefer to use age appropriate common nouns.
******Mix Couple
79 Posts
Intonation and environment has a lot to do with it. In the UK for instance informally we would call a female a girl or woman and no one would blink an eyelid e.g. she is a sweet girl . Absolugely fine. In business where professional egos are at stake I find it could cause offence. Much would depend on the nature of the rest of the sentence and what is being relayed. Again for example if you wish to demean someone obviously you could call them a girl or a boy depending on age. However all these examples are obvious and in daily life you can call me a good boy any day of the week. Lad works e.g. Good lad , we use mate a lot, and even in Scotland we call each other Jimmy for some strange reason. My personal favourite is dollchops or sweet cheeks. Especially when addressing my grandparents 😇😉
Quote from *******n74:
I'm kind of keen on your highness 😜

I prefer to use age appropriate common nouns.
❤️
Quote from *********nPair:
Intonation and environment has a lot to do with it. In the UK for instance informally we would call a female a girl or woman and no one would blink an eyelid e.g. she is a sweet girl . Absolugely fine. In business where professional egos are at stake I find it could cause offence. Much would depend on the nature of the rest of the sentence and what is being relayed. Again for example if you wish to demean someone obviously you could call them a girl or a boy depending on age. However all these examples are obvious and in daily life you can call me a good boy any day of the week. Lad works e.g. Good lad , we use mate a lot, and even in Scotland we call each other Jimmy for some strange reason. My personal favourite is dollchops or sweet cheeks. Especially when addressing my grandparents 😇😉
awesome thank you.
*********Beef Man
191 Posts
I think there are a lot of different factors that can contribute to what either sex likes and dislike. For example, a black male may take offense to being called 'boy' because of the history with it, but in the same sense may not give a flip when it is in the title of a part 'Black Boys Night' for example. That's an extreme but it exists. But in general boy/boi is used a lot with male friends speaking to or about each other. 'Those are my boys over there.' for example. The sensitivity to the word I guess lays on the person and the context of use. For women, I normally stay away from calling a grown woman a 'girl' unless I am familiar with them and we have that understanding but I think it is about the same for women, the context and who's saying it to them. I generally stay away from using 'your highness', I've noticed nose bleeds resulting from that...
*********igolo Man
98 Posts
I take the responsibility for having caused this post. My favourite terms are “girl” and “boy”. The reason is that I find a kind of intimate connection in these word... it brings my memory back when I was a teenager, and, indeed, I have plenty of happy memories linked to that time... family, friends, optimism and dreams. I can completely understand, however, that someone with a troubled life might have the opposite reaction.

@*******Lady: as you can see from the responses, girl has nothing to do with pedo. And again, dirt is more in the ears of those listening than on the tongue of those speaking. But, let me say that I appreciate your post and the intellectual honesty in collecting info.
*****ven Woman
7,277 Posts
I don't like to be called either of those terms if there is a prefix "my" in front of them. I also don't see the need to adress me with those terms (used as a "name" as you put it) .... because I have a name. I have my username here ... that's exactly how people should call me if there is a need to call or adress.
Quote from *********igolo:
I take the responsibility for having caused this post. My favourite terms are “girl” and “boy”. The reason is that I find a kind of intimate connection in these word... it brings my memory back when I was a teenager, and, indeed, I have plenty of happy memories linked to that time... family, friends, optimism and dreams. I can completely understand, however, that someone with a troubled life might have the opposite reaction.

@*******Lady: as you can see from the responses, girl has nothing to do with pedo. And again, dirt is more in the ears of those listening than on the tongue of those speaking. But, let me say that I appreciate your post and the intellectual honesty in collecting info.
as you can see none of the women here want to be called girl. One mentioned “age appropriate “ meaning girl refers to someone more if a child hence the pedo comment.
*****ina Woman
32 Posts
I read the other post first and the use of the word girl kind of botherd me too.First i thought it to be a poor translation but it certanly gave not only you weird vibes. Not directly pedo vibes but like "wanting to keep the woman small/insignificant" i might be reaching here but thats how it felt to me.
Girl is only apropriate in very few situations when speaking to a woman.
I am a grown woman and want to be adressed as such
***o2 Couple
142 Posts
If I hear someone say girl or boy it sounds more like dominant and submissive not as a pedo comment. However, I don’t want to be called girl. Lady or woman is more respectful.
Quote from ***o2:
If I hear someone say girl or boy it sounds more like dominant and submissive not as a pedo comment. However, I don’t want to be called girl. Lady or woman is more respectful.
interesting. I’ve never called a sub boy or girl but that is an interesting observation. Thank you.
*******n101 Man
1 Posts
I am a men , just call me by my name.
**C Man
12,045 Posts
Quote from ***o2:
However, I don’t want to be called girl.

...what about if your lover says: "Do you want to be my girl?" "She's my girl?"
That’s my girl. Meh

That’s my lady. Better

That’s my woman. Hot
****_32 Man
1 Posts
so much horny people`s but no any reaction:)
Quote from *******Lady:
That’s my girl. Meh

That’s my lady. Better

That’s my woman. Hot
my input on this subject as a guy:

Boy = ok maybe if we're already serious together

Guy = yes this is probably always ok

Man = we're in a committed relationship
****828 Man
1 Posts
I like when call me of “Man”
**********Puppe Couple
32 Posts
Most of my girlfriends actually prefer to call me Daddy... 😊 I prefer that before being called Babe at my age... 😂
*****Guy Man
31 Posts
I prefer using age appropriate nouns. Girl/Boy for <21yr olds, else Woman/Man. Woman/Man has a much more mature and refined connotation, and for me personally, more desirable.
*******ner0 Man
55 Posts
it really depends on the moments.
In general life, made by 95% of my time, I dont really care (as long as the term boy is avoided being me 42 and that it would sound slightly patronising).

5% of the time, when in erotic context, it really depends on the situation and tje erotic meaning. The same goes for the way I can call my partner. But in the right context all goes. Additionally i love the term "female" as it sounds so primal.
*********mone Woman
339 Posts
Quote from *******Lady:
I’ve been called out that I may be the problem when someone uses the term “girl” instead of woman or lady.

Do you like to be called “girl” (or “boy” if you identify as a male)?

Are there any other names that you don’t or do like to be called?

I’m very curious and thanks for taking the time.

I absolutely hate being called "girl". It just doesn't seem appropriate, given the fact that I am a 43 year old woman. However, even though she's a woman now, every now and then I'll call my daughter "girl", because she's a rather petite and cute 22 year old.
On the other hand I never call my 20 year old son "boy" because he's quite a bit taller and broader than I am *zwinker*

It might come as a surprise, but I am one of those FemDommes that despises being called "Lady", "Mistress" or "Herrin" in a private setting. I just prefer my name.
@*********mone You are not alone with your title preference. It doesn't feel sincere when someone calls me any of the typical Femdom titles either.
***ym Man
52 Posts
In a normal setting, I prefer being called by my name or username. Slang terms like "hey my man" is fine, but would assume that we know each other. Although I do enjoy saying "Fräulein", but thats my way of cheek and to provoke a response *zwinker*

About the age appropriate nouns, I think there is a little risk and some assumption going into them. If you dont't know their age and assume such, its bound to be a train wreck or at least come across a little strange. Why start/stop using the nouns exactly at 21? Why not at 16 or 18, basically at the age of legal consent. Just be safe and use the persons name unless otherwise stipulated or agreed apon.

Titles in private atmospheres are completely a different topic and very contextual *lach*
Want to join the discussion?
Register now for free to discuss hot topics with others and ask your own questions.