We've been in Vienna about three weeks ago. We wanted to experience a swingers club for the first time as well, and we wanted to do that in a party-like environment to feel more comfortable (thinking that, if we don't get to interact with anyone else - we're not German speakers - at least we would have a good time having a drink and dancing).
We visited Ux on a Friday evening and it was not the party we expected - there were very few people and they were not really open for socializing. We got a tour of the facility (thank you for that, Ux team!) and we did fool around a little bit (my wife and I) that night. All in all, the place is nice, clean, well prepared and staff is friendly. The bar area is rather narrow, but it's ok.
Next evening, on Saturday, as we weren't convinced by our other first experience, we decided to try again and this time we went to Traumland. The place is clean as well, a little more room downstairs (especially in the lockers area and around the bar), but the upstairs area is quite different compared to Ux, in that lighting is a little more dim and monotone and the play areas are more aimed at action and less colorful / themed. This time it was a real party, with many people, and we were blown away by the fact that they really were having fun all around (dancing, drinking, socializing, playing both in the common areas as well as in the play areas) and we did get to meet nice people.
Considering the whole weekend as a "first swingers experience", it was awesome! We enjoyed the city a lot and the two nights out at those places were really worth it. Before this, we were unsure if we felt comfortable even seeing naked people around us, and in the end we had sex in a room with no door and other couples doing it right next to us. We did not exchange partners with this occasion, but with that environment it would have been totally doable.
What we learned from this experience and can share with you is that:
• we only visited those two places and they are both nice; can't really tell anything about others
• in any of them you can have a great time or not, depending on what you're looking for (we were absolute noobs, we had no idea how to even start a conversation with anyone there) and on the audience that is present
• for us, looking for a party environment and then go from there, we recommend that you make use of the functionalities of this site and check events&dates and definitely have a look at the list of registered participants
• if we'll go again, we'll consider publishing an "event date" on this site beforehand, hoping that this would help us to "break the ice" and be an easier way to attract people that we would like to socialize with
• in the future, we'll definitely look for parties with a crowd
Hope this helps you prepare your mind for a good time! 🙂