Pussy, Penis, Yoni - How do we talk about our private parts?

******ins Woman
22,790 Posts
Thread creator JOY-Team 
In a sex positive community, we of course sometimes talk about genitals in their various forms and the pleasure they can bring but also the insecurities some of use have. The right words are important. Some take a spiritual approach, as the authors of our A to Z article: Y is for Yoni and Lingam, some are rathert anatomical.
How do you talk about your genitals and how to you call them?

Best
SevenSins
JOY-Team
*******y28 Man
14 Posts
I talk about them as required. As for what I call him I use... cock, Dick, Jr, mini me, langer(irish people will get this) a dear friend, Richard.
I'm sure I've used many others in reference to it.

It's a fun word play too
Depends on the situation. If I am trying to be seductive and raunchy, I will call her pussy. In all other context, she is vagina.
**C Man
12,045 Posts
...I call him "best friend", although he lets me down from time to time,... *g*
My breasts are "the girls". Occasionally, I call them my puppies.
Depends on the situation. If I am trying to be seductive and raunchy, I will call her pussy. In all other context, she is vagina. Occasionally, she is my cooch.

My breasts are "the girls". Occasionally, I call them my puppies.
*******brat Woman
1,238 Posts
JOY-Team 
I am usually rather anatomical or just call them my genitals. As someone with dysphoria and being stone I do not actually use them all that much in a erotic context and focus more on my partners. Where I am never all that raunchy but match their energy.
Depends completely on the situation and the way the girl in front of me want to hear. So basically start with some other indirect word but while in game, i prefer direct words for the parts ❤️❤️❤️
*********olate Woman
21 Posts
I have a cookie and my diamonds. I absolutely do not accept someone calling my vagina muschi or fotze or liebes gröte. And i don't have titten or tits. I'm almost 50. So "breast" and vagina are respectful.
*********olate Woman
21 Posts
@**C hahahaha
Quote from ******ins:
In a sex positive community, we of course sometimes talk about genitals in their various forms and the pleasure they can bring but also the insecurities some of use have. The right words are important. Some take a spiritual approach, as the authors of our A to Z article: Y is for Yoni and Lingam, some are rathert anatomical.
How do you talk about your genitals and how to you call them?

Best
SevenSins
JOY-Team

The definition of Lingam/Linga and Yoni is misleading. Shishin translates to penis and not linga.

So, what is Linga/Lingam and Yoni?

Assuming we have this very genuine doubt, a linga is a “form or symbol”. A “shivlinga” is thus a “form or symbol”.

Of what? Shiva represents one of the three abstract functions of the universe’s abstract organizing principle, a concept created to understand our relation with the ultimate truth, the nirguna (Nirguna comes from the Sanskrit, nir, meaning “without”; guna, meaning “properties,”) brahman. Now since nirguna brahman is nirguna, how do you teach that to your students? Hence saguna (Saguna is a Sanskrit word that means “with attributes” or “with qualities.”)! Like the organizing principle, and its three functions - Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva/Shakti.

So the Shivlinga too has three parts - the base, the pedestal and the egg. The base represents creation, the pedestal, the function that supports or upholds, and the egg, the hiranyagarbha or emerging universe.

Now yoni. It has several meanings. One is womb. It also means source, origin, seat, abode, seed, water, race, grain, lair, place of birth, stock, receptacle, nest, and spring. Take your pick. Whatever makes the most sense.

If you understand that the shivlinga is traditionally made of granite, you also know that granite is mildly radioactive as they contain trace concentrations of radioactive elements like uranium, radium & thorium. These radioactive elements decay into radon, which is a radioactive gas. And prolonged exposure to radon can cause lung cancer. Water removes radon and keeps the shivalinga from overheating. Same as in a nuclear reactor. And the radioactive water needs a drain. You don’t want it slopping all over your feet.

The explosive potential energy of a nuclear bomb is precisely the nature of Shiva. That is why it needs a strong force, Shakti to keep it dormant. if you consider even the basic building block of the universe, an atom of hydrogen, it too comprises three elementary particles (or waves) held together by a strong force. If you need to brush up on your particle physics, here is an article from CERN on the standard model.

https://home.cern/science/physics/standard-model

Shivling represents our theory of Creation.
**********shine Woman
740 Posts
Interesting.
I actually noticed making a difference how i call a man’s trousersnake.

If the man has earned my respect, it’s “cock”, and if he hasnt, it’s “dick”. Bc “dick” for me is less honorific.

Woman’s parts… I prefer pussy. Context changes in regards to “tits” or “breasts”.
*******y28 Man
14 Posts
When it comes to a ladies parts I use pussy usually but if they've got a prefered word I like to use that.
Personally I like to use boobs rather than tits.

Absolutely hate the word fanny because it rhymes with my name.
Womb Raider or Gigglestick
Yarraaakkkkk
********_Man Man
1 Posts
Cervix pusher
****eky Man
331 Posts
Piston and Cylinder, Plug and Socket, Hole and Pole...do I keep going???
******bra Man
50 Posts
To describe: 'Origin of all evil'
Name: "my ra na ma ding dong' *zwinker*
******ado Man
13 Posts
Quote from *********_Boo:
Interesting.
I actually noticed making a difference how i call a man’s trousersnake.

If the man has earned my respect, it’s “cock”, and if he hasnt, it’s “dick”. Bc “dick” for me is less honorific.

Woman’s parts… I prefer pussy. Context changes in regards to “tits” or “breasts”.

*ggg* I feel like I need to remember this... If she calls it a "cock", I've earned her respect... Otherwise, I have work to do!
******ado Man
13 Posts
As everyone else here has said, context absolutely matters... So, assuming we're talking about anything from foreplay to intercourse (and not asexual conversation), I prefer cock and pussy... but I always feel a little vulgar when I say "pussy", so I prefer terms like "inside you" or "your lips". This is where I always appreciate my partner speaking up, to give me the words I should be using. If she calls out "Yeah, pound my pussy", then I'll be more vocal with the word pussy. If she says "lick that cunt!", then I'll use the word cunt. I take her direction there.

For myself, I'll switch it up between referring to my cock or my dick, but I think I prefer cock. What do you prefer? Should I be using dick instead of cock? Or something else entirely?
Want to join the discussion?
Register now for free to discuss hot topics with others and ask your own questions.