Best advice and errors to avoid for a new couple

********2022 Couple
27 Posts
Thread creator 
Best advice and errors to avoid for a new couple
Hello Everyone… we are a couple living in Switzerland (48/45), and we are starting out in the
Swinger world.

Far from investigating what it is about and club rules, etc (we already read everything) and communication in the couple... etc...

What would be your top 5 recommendations?

And the 5 mistakes to avoid?

Thank you!!
******gic Couple
11 Posts
Hey good thread,

We are also new to the 'swinger world' so will be interesting to see what info we get here.

Good luck on your journey *g*
*******Her Couple
10 Posts
Agree on clean rules from day one. They can be relaxed but never break a rule without clear discussion away from other playmates. Unless the one the rule was created for raises they don’t need the rule anymore.

Make sure both parties can say
Stop
Slowly
I don’t like this
Without the other partner getting annoyed. We even had this agreements with playmates at the start.

Take baby steps.

Know what your partner considers inappropriate and respect that.

Agree how you will both Signal you want to get into bed with others during a date.
*******Her Couple
10 Posts
Oh and don’t start with hardcore swingers…. Experience is fine and useful, but some hardcorers can forget that beginners may need time and baby steps. Our first could have been better….
*******ple Couple
384 Posts
Let the "slower" partner walk in front...adjust to the slower speed one of you might have in terms of swinging
*******_84 Man
44 Posts
Remember that the play partner or partners you are talking to are people as well. More than one couple has approached me like they only see a sex toy to spice up their lives and not an actual human. Seriously disrespectful
******azy Woman
3 Posts
Respect the others as people is fundamental I’d say.
I guess also look for people that are playing nice, some people don’t play by the book and don’t wanna wear protection or remove the condom in the middle 🙄 Always make sure you’re both safe *victory*
I also realized it’s more fun (and less worry) to get to know people beforehand than at the club. You feel safer and more prone to be adventurous if there’s trust.
******gic Couple
11 Posts
Quote from ******azy:
I guess also look for people that are playing nice, some people don’t play by the book and don’t wanna wear protection or remove the condom in the middle 🙄 Always make sure you’re both safe *victory*
I also realized it’s more fun (and less worry) to get to know people beforehand than at the club. You feel safer and more prone to be adventurous if there’s trust.

Yeah we like the idea of also getting to know people on here or over a coffee etc....Rather than going to a club and trying to speed date through 100 couples to see if you all get on with each other.
********2022 Couple
27 Posts
Thread creator 
Guys! Awesome responses!
Thanks for each and all of them! We do appreciate it very much!

All make absolutely sense! We are take all and implement!
We are not in a rush… so we have all the time to get this experience to the max!

Again thanks
*******Her Couple
10 Posts
Quote from ******gic:
Quote from ******azy:

Yeah we like the idea of also getting to know people on here or over a coffee etc....Rather than going to a club and trying to speed date through 100 couples to see if you all get on with each other.

Totally agree, private setting is better than a club. More time to talk and take your time without others around
******ers Couple
1 Posts
Wifey has also just started exploring the swinging lifestyle. Very insightful answers. Thanks everyone 🥰
****BG Man
46 Posts
Personally, I avoid interacting with newbie couples who are "trying out to see if they like it". From personal experience, most of these couples like the fantasy but when reality kicks in, jealousy and uncertainty often starts to show. The ideal couples are those in a strong and healthy relationship and who know what they want. The less drama and admin, the better *g* Good luck!
Profile pictureProfile picture
**********atrix
4 Posts
Be clear on what your intentions are, how you both want to feel, how it will serve you as a couple, and how you can facilitate experiences that align with your goals... then go forth and have fun... expect things to go wrong sometimes and have a plan for handling those. Everything is solvable, when you know how to process challenging emotions and communicate <3
********2022 Couple
27 Posts
Thread creator 
Thanks divineTheratrix… will take note and implement
********2022 Couple
27 Posts
Thread creator 
Thanks
Thanks Marz
Want to join the discussion?
Register now for free to discuss hot topics with others and ask your own questions.