Regular health checkups

***ka Woman
21 Posts
Thread creator 
Regular health checkups
How often do you check yourself in terms of HIV and STD?
*********uest Man
2,133 Posts
JOY-Angels 
Never
****ine Woman
71 Posts
Just had all my check ups during my annual cancer check…
***ka Woman
21 Posts
Thread creator 
Quote from *********uest:
Never

Seriously?!
***ka Woman
21 Posts
Thread creator 
Quote from ****ine:

So just once a year?
******wen Woman
15,488 Posts
Never

Same here.
My only partner for sexual intercourse is my husband, so there is no need for testing. We've had us tested when coming together years ago. That's sufficient for us.
***ka Woman
21 Posts
Thread creator 
Quote from ******wen:
Never

Same here.
My only partner for sexual intercourse is my husband, so there is no need for testing. We've had us tested when coming together years ago. That's sufficient for us.

Well it's still better than never.
Never is very irresponsible.
******wen Woman
15,488 Posts
Quote from ***ka:

Why?
I can't see any reason why my health state should have changed without any intercourse with anyone else. STD don't fly through the air.
***ka Woman
21 Posts
Thread creator 
Quote from ******wen:
Quote from ***ka:

Why?
I can't see any reason why my health state should have changed without any intercourse with anyone else. STD don't fly through the air.

I am talking about the one you quoted. If someone did have partners in the past you can't be sure, simple as that.
******wen Woman
15,488 Posts
I agree with you. So it was a simple misunderstanding by myself, I just thought your comment meant me, because you quoted what I wrote.

Sure, if I had changing partners, regular testing in short time spans would be obligatory.
****ine Woman
71 Posts
Quote from ***ka:
Quote from ****ine:

So just once a year?

I think one is the minimum and then I test when I feel it’s needed. Last year I tested one time at the annual check up and than two extra times - so every 4 months. But I don’t have a schedule.
****cy Man
4,682 Posts
Never. I don´t have sex without protection. My wife is the only one I don´t use a condom with. She tests twice a year because of her Job. She also uses condoms when being shared.
***ka Woman
21 Posts
Thread creator 
Quote from ****cy:
Never. I don´t have sex without protection. My wife is the only one I don´t use a condom with. She tests twice a year because of her Job. She also uses condoms when being shared.

Condoms are not 100% guarantee and transmission also happens via oral sex.
*********uest Man
2,133 Posts
JOY-Angels 
Quote from ***ka:
Quote from ******wen:
Never

Same here.

Irrespondible or not is a matter of the way of (sexual) life. In my situation I don't think it's irrespondible.
***ka Woman
21 Posts
Thread creator 
Quote from ***ka:
Quote from ******wen:
Never

Same here.

Irrespondible or not is a matter of the way of (sexual) life. In my situation I don't think it's irrespondible.

If u drop 'never' without a context expect 'irresponsible' as a comment.
*******ust Couple
5,631 Posts
In Netherlands:
once a year -
in summer: she
in winter: he

of andersom *haumichwech*
**********olate Couple
76 Posts
About 2 to 4 times a year not just because of this but since my family has a genetic issue with cervical and ovarian cancer...I get a full check up.
***ka Woman
21 Posts
Thread creator 
Quote from **********olate:
About 2 to 4 times a year not just because of this but since my family has a genetic issue with cervical and ovarian cancer...I get a full check up.

Well genetic tests are not related to my question, but I appreciate your comment.
Want to join the discussion?
Register now for free to discuss hot topics with others and ask your own questions.