What’s YOUR relationship orientation?

*****101 Woman
5 Posts
Thread creator JOY-Team 
What’s YOUR relationship orientation?
In our society, monogamy is still the standard way to handle your relationships, almost like a default setting. Exclusivity is often seen as the ultimate proof of love, because how could you let your sweetie be with someone else if you REALLY loved them?!

It’s time to open your mind and discover the whole wide world of multiple relationship orientations! In our current magazine article we explain exactly what that means and introduce you to a variety of relationship types. So if you’re still a bit clueless, head over there!

What we’re interested in now is: what do YOU think about different relationship orientations? Is monogamy still the gold standard for you, have you been in non-monogamous relationships before, what role does jealousy play in your relationship and why do you think some relationship types are still not fully accepted?

We’re excited to read what you have to say! *freu*
*******_84 Man
54 Posts
It's still new, but polyamory has worked out well for us so far
*****ayy Man
12 Posts
I do understand polyamory aspect but I also do understand exclusive monogamy relationship.
I don't think it's countering each others or monogamy should change themselves to polyamory tho.

In the end, I personally believe the relationship, the meaning of relationship is it's not about multiple partners or solo partners, it's not about numbers of partners. it's all about trust values. how deep can you trust your partners. not judge or standard by only Sexual values.

How partners can be open to each others, trust each others, care for each others.
IF you have one single partner who loves you, trust you deep then it's good healthy relationship.
IF you have multiple partners who loves you, trust you deep then it's also good healthy reltionships.
*********olate Woman
21 Posts
I absolutely agree with alt_jayy
Amen! Logically, why does it matter what either partner is doing when apart, as long as communication is open and respectful between all
*******ntly Man
2 Posts
As long as everyone is happy and Fab-
Being Fab and James gently makes me and you smile
****ko1 Man
9 Posts
It’s already over ?
*****bi1 Couple
1 Posts
After various combinations which challenged us and our relationship we decided that "Non-exclusive sexual relationships" would be the type we both feel confortbile with. Keeping the sentimental connection with one partener only, and let ourselves the possibility to explore, try, play together or separately is the most honest act between 2 free souls which decided to follow the same path and direction.
*****101 Woman
5 Posts
Thread creator JOY-Team 
Thank you for the insights to how you like to live your relationships! *smile*

I think you guys summed it up really well, there is definitely not only one way to live a good and healthy relationship. In the end, it should be all about how you and your partner feel and whether you are happy or not. Communication is in fact key here *zwinker*
And share your dreams wishes and fantasies with everyone sexually attracted to you.
I’m open to a range of relationship options – depending on who the other person is, what our chemistry is like, and what else is going on in my life at the time. The only things I am 100% not open to are BS drama and being treated like crap.
******uis Man
2 Posts
I like nice talks, open and sweet love moments
******utt Man
1 Posts
After coming out of an 18-year marriage. I can only imagine a relaxed open relationship. Intimacy, honesty and openness are a must. I think in any relationship, we have to be able to go on adventures together and help each other learn about one's self. But I can't imagine having another "traditional" relationship.
Although monogamy still is a relationship i would wish to end with, but i think polygamy is a way to have relationship in deeper level, but how and in which extent we can make a comfortable relationship is a question , because i could not still imagine dealing with few partners of my partners😂
And at the same time health wise it is really critical how we gonna pass through all those STDs!
********dess Couple
5 Posts
I find after 8 failed monogamous relationships and going through a cock crazy phase of a few hundred as my husband opened my mind to the idea more than one is more natural, I have yet to experience and real amory in my poly, I go for the idea of Close Circle (not the triads) but small tribal families of 12 couples inside a larger Circle of Friends of 12 tribes that form your core community.

HeavenzonEarth.com and a long post in my fetlife.com groups talks more about this idea.

We need to get away from the misogynistic religious belief that women are property. And only men can have more than one wife, when the reality is it usually takes one to two dozen to fully sexually satisfy me.

I am at the moment very much an emotional monogamist but I think my amour in poly is going to start with women.

Please accept my apologies for the poorly done websites, we could seriously use some help.

I also think these women-hating religions and the social order of Men working themselves to death, getting all the money needs to shift.

WOW is one of the vehicles Links for members only

The logo designs are all my husband's but he feels his brain is much more "last century analog".
Hi
*****ubs Couple
3 Posts
Communication and not be judge mental and remain open and be respectful of changes
****iq Man
3 Posts
To be honest, monogamy has never been for me. Unfortunately, in my younger years I had no idea what ethical non-monogamy was. I didn't learn about ENM until about 5 years ago. At that time it just "clicked". Having terminology to actually describe how I felt helped a lot. As you said, monogamy was pushed on us (by religion) as a method of control.
I've found that whenever I discuss ENM the very first thing that comes up is jealousy. Jealousy is based on insecurities. Relationship insecurities are based on a lack/loss of trust. All relationships require trust and honesty to be the backbone. Sadly, there are a lot of people who refuse to simply be honest in a mono relationship so an ENM one will never work. Tryin to "fix" your issues with ENM is always a bad combination. Trying to do that will only make it worse. I feel like it's best to conquer your issues/insecurities before trying ENM.

It could really be so simple...if people were honest. Not only with themselves but with their partners.
******ieh Man
1 Posts
Well, in short, IMHO it's never about orientation of a relationship, it's about consensus, honesty, well-communicate through between parties

My wife and I have been together for 11 years now and still counting, I made mistakes in the past, cheatings, affairs, and nearly ruined our marriage at one point when I met someone in our neighbourhood. Lucky me the lady halted when she knew I have a wife who loves me so much (what's worse, she's my colleague till today, a guilt that reminds me whenver)

4 years ago, I spoke to my wife about divorce, because we are so different, she lives by the day, but I'm a planner, she's very self-preservation person, I am extremely sexual. She was so hurt to a point she lost herself, accidentally threw house key while housekeeping, crying at the corner while I was not noticing (but I did, because I love her so much, I noticed every details about her)

I knew I could not divorce her, because she loved me and I loved her too, it was about our consensus, it was 100% my fault things happened behind her back, and it was 100% my responsibility. Hence instead of continual hinting divorce as a solution to her, I took a step back to remedy my mistakes, I promised her to be completely honest to her (and all the details if she is ready to hear out), however she needs to open her palm, let me go meet other people, and we as long as I am allow to, she is allows too, we are equal. And our consensus till date, we never meet people in our city(Singapore), and we never meet people who share same culture/language

3 years since then, we are extremely satisfied couple, she loves me even more now, seeing how other ladies treasure me, and I always appreciate her as a person who allows me to travel and meet ladies abroad, I have so many beautiful memories since then learn how to respect and love her better

We are Singaporean couple, and since this year I have an English girlfriend, she enjoys connections with Italians (she's a big fan of Italian cuisines). By definition I guess we are polygamous, though we never meet people as a couple
**je Couple
369 Posts
So viele Labels und dennoch können wir uns keinem klar zuordnen.
Unserer Meinung nach muss man auch nicht alles betiteln.
Wir leben in einer offenen Beziehung, sind sicher keine reinen Swinger mehr und leben auch keine absolute Polyamorie aus.
Selbst wenn wir uns heute einem Label zuordnen könnten, kann es in einem halben Jahr ganz anders aussehen.
Menschen und Beziehungen entwickeln sich weiter und Grenzen verschieben sich.
****83 Man
5 Posts
Hallo
********s256 Man
1 Posts
Straight
****ffe Man
1 Posts
Mag eigentlich alle
*****bn2 Man
1 Posts
Im straight but love having gang bangs with at least 2 women and have had 4 before and it was the best sex I've ever had and lasted all night 😍😍😍
*********eded Couple
1 Posts
We're looking for a female for a threesome. Sorry
Want to join the discussion?
Register now for free to discuss hot topics with others and ask your own questions.