The first contact: What do you like?

******ins Woman
22,813 Posts
Thread creator JOY-Team 

The first date is preceded by the successful establishment of contact. While some people find it quite easy, for others it's much more difficult.

So my question is aimed at finding out what you value most when making contact.

What makes a good first contact letter for you? And what role does the profile text play? Or maybe even the pictures are decisive for you?

And what are your own recipes for success when making contact?

Please remain positive and refrain from tattle or collecting negative examples, so that in the best case a collection of best practices can be created. *victory*

SevenSins
JOY-Team
*****rty Man
8,948 Posts
Well,
as everyone can check, I don't like too much writing and profiling in theorie.
I rather like creating a short term of texting to find out more about the member here in Joy.

I like brief profiles and ordinary pictures. If member (s) haven't got any or just shadowing about and around I find it rather not trustworthy.
Also pictures made in a studio or even more professional are not my cup of tee.

Just be as you are and don't play around...rather let's play together

*doggy*
********0601 Woman
144 Posts
Hi SevenSins,
I value a personalized and non generic message, which consists of more than one line.
Initial message + profile text are the first impression after all.
*******nna Couple
14 Posts
The thru easy to understand better short than long description is better for me.
Make it clear are you light or bdsm lover, ffm or fmfm, etc.
general description like open for new, sure??, how you know that? *zwinker*
*****d79 Couple
542 Posts
For us, the main thing is an Introduction. For example "Hi, Im Jan" I find your profile Interesting/sexy/attractive and would like to get to know you. A Face picture is always good, either sent by CM or in the Profile. The text should have something about the person, their preferences, what they are looking for.
Unfortunately, we mostly get a "wie gehts", or just a picture, without writing anything. I know the single men dont get much attention or even an answer, but if the Message is minimum, the profile minimum and the feeling is "cant be bothered", we wont pursue. Those who make a little effort (even if it is a copy and paste message) will at least get our attention.
We also read the Profile and try to write to people using some element of their profile text. We arent always successful, but we make the effort and that is usually rewarded with a reply.
When visiting new profiles first I read the description (if there's any) and then have a look at the photos and ask myself how do I feel about this person? Do I find this woman or these couple sympathetic? I answer this question with the help of my intuition. If the answer is yes, then I make the first move and I rarely use any pickup or cheesy line. Just staying real and telling exactly why I find their profile interesting and suggest to meet in person for a drink . Sometimes there's no description and there's just a photo and I decide the same way by looking at someone's eyes. Our stories are written on our faces. Sometimes some profiles are so mysterious that I can't make any judgement. I might approach these people once in a while because unknown excites me. I'm an adrenaline junkie and I find unconventional people very interesting *zwinker*
*******inti Man
1 Posts
hard to find a woman if newbie in Switzerland
hi guys

im just new for this site and also for sex party .i have tried to talked on Pvt with some woman , i do not know maybe they do not like me . any one having same problem ?

regards
**********aison Man
372 Posts
When writing, I am always polite and respectful. I try to follow the queues of the woman or couple. Same goes in Joy Chat.

Also have had couples and women write me.

Long drawn out over a long period of time usually end up fizzing out. So it is better to discover if there is a match or possible connection.

If things progress to a date... I like to know what the other person or couple desires and what are the no go's.

Then on first date, we are just ourselves. This usually leads to friendships and more fun.

I mean I have had spontaneous dates on Joy Club. But that is rare. I also do not need to go out all the time. I have my life as do the others I meet. So it is nice when our schedules align.

To me it is most important to meet the right people. There has to be chemistrt. But even if there is chemistry not ever contact turns into a date nor should it. Sometimes it works out and if not then ok. I just like to meet fun and nice people who are not rude or pushy. If that makes sense.
*****ple Couple
73 Posts
We want to read a message that the sender has taken great pride to write, and from past experience, people who can write a great message, often turn out to be great conversationalists. The same goes for profile text.

Unfortunately, we receive far too many messages with only "how are you today?" or a few attached pictures "this is us"

Some of the best profiles and messages we've seen are from Single Guys and it's unfortunate we don't date them.

We are critical on ourselves too. Since I do most of the initial contacts, I'll wait until I have something to say beforehand, since we do respect peoples time. ~Marquis.
******n13 Man
52 Posts
I like when a person can go beyond the classics ("how's going?") and I get really intrigued when a person is either very clear / direct on what they are looking for, or when they can write me something they deducted from my profile (like "I see you like Art, do you paint erotic art too?").
I think because I'm attracted to women (and people in general) that are intuitive, smart and sensitive.
A good part of the first contact is also how the person contacting me took care of her profile: I like long descriptions and pictures that show also the face: if a person didn't feel her profile at all it's not a good first impact for me, whatever is the content of her message.
When I open a profile page I look at the age range (being at the older end seems to turn some people off) and then if I am outside that range I look for definites or I'm into stating "older lovers". If those steps are positive I look for nudism as definite or into as both my wife and I are keen nudists. Even though I search as a married man with a single profile any meeting will include my wife and I am allways open and honest about that. So the other couple are nudists what other aspects of their profile align to my and my wifes ideas.

So in summary the more information that is in your profile the more likely that the initial meeting will be rewarding. I do expect at least to see naked photos of the couple but understand when faces are obscured or cut out. I don't have any problem with explicit pussy or erect cock photos, this is just another way of deciding whether another couple are compatible. Are these the sort of steps that other couples follow
I like when someone takes the time to actually read my profile and connect through what I’ve written. They will write in English or google translate is also OK because then I know they actually read it.

I will then look at their profile and read it. Then I might even look at their pics.

I like if someone gives actual feedback on something I’ve posted whether it be a pic or something like this post. It’s easy to see the gems.

Lastly I like and appreciate honesty even if it is something that does not fit in to what I am looking for.

All these things REALLY stand out easily among the copy/paste list if wants or “hey” crowd.
***ym Man
52 Posts
I like it when a persons profile is actually filled with something describing them and what they are looking for, especially when it isnt automatically generated. A picture with face makes it so much more personal, even though I understand the thought of wanting to be anonymous here.
Want to join the discussion?
Register now for free to discuss hot topics with others and ask your own questions.