Matching and Ghosting

*******_nw Woman
7,610 Posts
Quote from ***zo:
they never talk or respond. That’s my experience anyway. Easily happens more than 50% of the time.

Talking about my experience, the percentage is even much higher. *g* Far more than 90% of the men who gave me a "like" for my profile never tried to contact me in any other way. Not even those who I matched in response.

On the other hand, "active" matches, which means, men I correspond with, were mostly matched after starting to write with one another.

When starting on this platform I spent some time browsing through profiles and voting but since my experiences turned out that way I stopped voting into blue air and used this function just as a different form of saying, your profile was fun to read, without any expectation on conversation or dating.

It seems to me that this function has developed to be of no special use on this site. Might have been intended in some other way when being introduced once but turned out the way it is now and simply has not been removed. *g*
**********aison Man
372 Posts
We live in this 'swipe left' / 'swipe right' world now.
People may like your profile and pics... and then they just move on.

I tend to only like people that I would be interested in getting to know. But that is just me. Maybe I am old school in that regard.

If I get a match, when I can I try to write and say hello. Then just see where things go.
From my point of view, your pics are hot and I might like one of them for the visual aspect etc. or the effort you put in but it is not necessarily an offer to meet. Your profile is also quite appealing to me. My issue is that you are too far away from Berlin to be interesting to me.

Initially, I was using the site wrong and too many from too far away were matches.
Want to join the discussion?
Register now for free to discuss hot topics with others and ask your own questions.