17 Posts
Thread creator 
Is it better to love someone or to be loved by someone
1. What is your take
2. What is the difference between loving someone and someone loving you
3. Is there a situation where one is loved and loves back equally
*******one Woman
30 Posts
Who is talking about love in this modern days?
*****ark Woman
5 Posts
It's selfish, but I rather be loved, though I do love to be in *love*
********icus Man
170 Posts
Quote from *********sjohn:
Is it better to love someone or to be loved by someone
1. What is your take
2. What is the difference between loving someone and someone loving you
3. Is there a situation where one is loved and loves back equally

1. Both seem equally horrible.
2. Being loved allows you to let them down easy but still in the end the outcome is hurtful.
3. I think its possible but very rare.
On the Job!
********jekt Man
14 Posts
It is painful to love someone who doesn't love you back.

It can be awkward to be loved by someone who you don't love.

it is better to be loved by and to love the same person, although the amounts of this love should probably not be measured. There lies madness.
**C Man
12,089 Posts
...why not aiming for the best: to love and being loved...?
********2_43 Couple
16 Posts
Of course the best is when is mutual. Unfortunately very very rare 😢 By me always happend that I'm the one in love... And always finishing with my broken heart. That's why.... now I'm only after nice time together and really good Sex.
**C Man
12,089 Posts
Quote from ********2_43:
Unfortunately very very rare

...rare? Millions of peoples are loving each other mutually. Maybe you should reconsider the way you are choosing your partners... *zwinker*
********2_43 Couple
16 Posts
Quote from **C:
Quote from ********2_43:
Unfortunately very very rare

...rare? Millions of peoples are loving each other mutually. Maybe you should reconsider the way you are choosing your partners... ;-)

Maybe..... I had it once....10 years long. But never happend again
*****Guy Man
31 Posts
People's feelings change. One day you might love someone, another day you might not. Atleast that's how I feel and have experienced. Hence, I stick to casual encounters or flings.
****doh Man
2 Posts
Be a lovely, lovingly, and loveable person. Then you don't have any of this to worry about *smile*
********icus Man
170 Posts
Quote from ******n90:
People's feelings change. One day you might love someone, another day you might not. Atleast that's how I feel and have experienced. Hence, I stick to casual encounters or flings.

What makes me wonder is that "to love or be loved" also means "to lie or not lie"
There is no shame is losing feelings for someone you speak about it and if this does not resolve you proceed to separate. I do understand people opting for cheating cause eighter way you will get attacked. I say I understand but I do not actually cause being a respectable person is what counts.

So to be loved or love does not matter But being respectful in both ways.
Uhhh
Need u
Home alone skype?
Wow. Reading this thread made me really sad. So little faith in relationships. So much compromise.

Agreed it is a very complex theme - to quote Howard Jones from decades 'What is love anyway?' Could it be that we just have a wrong understanding of what love is? One of the main challenges I see is EXPECTATIONS. At the risk of sounding cliche, love has to be without expectations. The moment we expect things, we are setting ourselves up for disappointment. And yes, of course it's a very idealistic perspective and very tough to achieve, but it means working on yourself first so that you are okay should the other not love you back.

And then perhaps we won't all end up in this spiral of negativity and lack of faith in others.
Someone once told
Me ‘To be loved by someone gives you strength, to love someone gives you courage’. So I’m going to say they’re both important 😉
****BG Man
62 Posts
What is one without the other?
I think there needs to be balance
*********ondon Woman
50 Posts
What a question? I don´t quite get it!

Personaly, I find it a lot harder to be loved.
To much responsibility for my likings.
I´d prefer to love... (even though it hardly happens)

H E A V E N
on
E A R T H

... when this extremly strong feeling is be found on both sides

As a goddess I'll aim for the universe and beyond
Want to join the discussion?
Register now for free to discuss hot topics with others and ask your own questions.