charcoal drawing F+F - anyone would like to try?

*******ner0 Man
55 Posts
Thread creator 
charcoal drawing F+F - anyone would like to try?
Hello friends *g*
I did some drawing in my time, but i always had a single lady as model.
I would love to explore further and would the idea to draw two ladies together sounds intriguing. if they are lovers even better.
I would not be against drawing also a FM couple, but i have never drew a man.. so not sure on the outcome 😅

Anyway if anyone is interested in trying let me know!
Nothing is expected of course, I am a gentleman *g*

cheers,

M
charcoal drawing
*****alS
7,395 Posts
Do you also draw from pictures, or just with live models?
*******ner0 Man
55 Posts
Thread creator 
Quote from *****alS:
Do you also draw from pictures, or just with live models?

hi *g*
I never tried with pics to be fair.. but its difficult to imagine that would have the same results, especially with charcoal where the light and the shadows are so important.
****BG Man
62 Posts
Awesome post.
I love drawing with charcoal but unfortunately cannot draw people too well.
**********aison Man
372 Posts
I actually thought about doing this. When I was in Berlin they had weekly meetups and in NRW there are some too.

I think it would be interesting to meet someone and draw them.

Of FYI, I have been drawing and creating graphics for years now. I tend to be more percise working with a mechanical pencil and Sakura Pigma Micron fineliners. But I think it would be nice to get back into charcoal... bring a blending stump.... and really have fun with it.

If anyone in NRW is interested, I would be up for drawing you. Of course you get to keep a few of the pictures.
**********aison Man
372 Posts
Quote from ****BG:
Awesome post.
I love drawing with charcoal but unfortunately cannot draw people too well.

The cool thing with Charcoal is that you do not have draw people perfectly. In Berlin, there is a portrait drawing meet up weekly too. While living there, I saw people go from draw squares and circles to really learning how to capture a likeness in a matter of a few weeks.
****BG Man
62 Posts
Quote from *********ty4U:
The cool thing with Charcoal is that you do not have draw people perfectly. In Berlin, there is a portrait drawing meet up weekly too. While living there, I saw people go from draw squares and circles to really learning how to capture a likeness in a matter of a few weeks.

You are 100% right. I guess the thing about art is to stimulate the imagination.
Charcoal drawings are amazing though, they add so much character
*******ner0 Man
55 Posts
Thread creator 
i so agree, and the using the fingers to add the shadows.. getting all that charcoal in the most unexpected places.. looks so primal too *g*
****BG Man
62 Posts
Quote from *******ner0:
i so agree, and the using the fingers to add the shadows.. getting all that charcoal in the most unexpected places.. looks so primal too *g*

Yes!
When I studied art we also used a 'stick and ink' technique. Dipping and using a small twig from a tree. Like you said, primal, but whole lot of fun!
*********onfly Woman
78 Posts
me too please *freu2*
*******ner0 Man
55 Posts
Thread creator 
Quote from *********onfly:
me too please *freu2*

let me know *g* if you have a good idea we can always plan!
**********aison Man
372 Posts
I think that drawimg someone with charcoal can be very intimate.
Sketching, creating shadows with finger or blending stick, bringing someone to life on textured paper....
*********croft Woman
2 Posts
Hiya
Whereabouts are you?
x
*******ner0 Man
55 Posts
Thread creator 
Quote from *********croft:
Hiya
Whereabouts are you?
x

unfortunately quite far from Scotland Jamie *g* in Basel, Switzerland.. I do drive but i probably find challenging when its beyond 1000km 😅😉
**********aison Man
372 Posts
Jamie, if you ever make to NRW let me know.
*******nna Couple
14 Posts
Great idea. I like to be drawn. ‘Ve done like that already, so one more or two... ladies are welcome.
The only is the travel. If you can manage we have a guest house near Varna and be happy to same minded people.
*******nna Couple
14 Posts
We want more like that and two ladies are welcome.
*kissenschlacht*
*******ner0 Man
55 Posts
Thread creator 
Quote from *******nna:
We want more like that and two ladies are welcome.
*kissenschlacht*

those are very good drawings - compliments! 😊
Want to join the discussion?
Register now for free to discuss hot topics with others and ask your own questions.