This Box We Live In

*******Wolf Man
21 Posts
Thread creator 
This Box We Live In
I woke up this morning. Thought. Read. Showered. Dressed. Checked my message on JOYclub and then began my day. I am sure it is the same for many. Check messages. Respond. Kindle friendships and share a moment of that deeper part of us. That part we hid from our everyday selves. The person we show to everyone else in our 9-5. Our regular. Our play my role , day to day. Until we can find a moment to escape back into the place where we feel more alive. more connected. More understood. More seen.

What if it wasn't that way? What if we were just that PERSON all the time? We lived every moment from that deeper place. What if we engaged everyone around us with the openness that we have here. What if we lived our life out loud?

I was wondering what hints we drop throughout our days. The clues we leave to see if others will notice. Tell me. In tis post I am looking for people to share how they hint at teh real person they wish they could show the world. How do you say, "This is me" without giving away your normal? Have fun. Be honest. Open. Maybe we can all learn how to be a little bit more "us" in our everyday!
That’s what finding wholeness is about, becoming whole, being the same whole self in everything we do. It requires deep introspection with respect to what it is that we truly want, professionally and in our personal spheres, what we are allergic to, what is the source of our power. It is hard work, often helped by therapy, personal development workshops, reading, writing and, as I wrote, introspection. The result is bliss, peace, the unbearable lightness of being. And I’m still young enough to enjoy it 😊
I get up and check my messages on fetlife and joyclub while waiting to wake up with my tea at the breakfast table.

My hints tend to be subtle, or even hidden entirely - it's a tricky balance: too subtle and there is no hope of being detected, too blatant and I would reveal more of the personal than I wish to in my professional life. And besides, I quite like the hidden taboo nature of my true self. Not everyone gets to see that part, which only adds to the value of the reveal to the chosen few.

Sometimes it is lingerie - it gives me a thrill to let a little peep of lace appear - accidentally on purpose - at the hem of a skirt, or a visible panty line which suggests a thong or a bodysuit.

Or it could be perfume - citrus, spicy or woody, never floral, which is too innocent.

Often I extend my little kink bubble into the car ride - adding earrings, or applying lipstick just so, very carefully, feeling out of the corner of my eye the gaze of the worker in the white van in the adjacent lane. A little pout, a toss of the hair, or just the right music turned up indecently loud, the engine revving just a little more than dignified.

A lot is in the eyes - an almost imperceptible gleam as I scan someone from top to toe - if they are a beard wearer I can't even help it, but with many people, of all persuasions, I am undressing them mentally, or classing them: Dom, sub, switch, libertine, bull...Especially if we cross paths running in the forest, or our eyes meet in the rear view mirror...

I suspect my cues are too subtle though as they never lead to the recognition I'm hoping for. I could probably use some tips.

What subtle hints do you use? Maybe if I know more about that I will have a better idea what to look for...
Want to join the discussion?
Register now for free to discuss hot topics with others and ask your own questions.