Who's the love of your life?

*********rial Woman
47 Posts
Thread creator JOY-Team 
Who's the love of your life?
Spoiler: It’s you.

No matter what you do, where you go or who you meet - the only certainty you have in life is that the person you will spend it with is yourself. The relationship you have with yourself is therefore just as or even more important and deserving of care as the ones you have with others!

In this week’s article, Perra de Satán dove into the topic of self love for us and clears up some things about romantic love narratives and the myth of “finding your other half”.

If you feel comfortable sharing, what is self love to you? Have you ever been at a point in your life where you felt you had to work on the relationship with yourself, and if so, how has this journey been for you?

We can’t wait to read what you have to say‌ *blume*
*********life Woman
201 Posts
Ha! What a fucking question.

I’m working on that now. Me. Her.

Was in the process of being open enough to finding someone to share my time, feelings and perhaps even emotions with up to about 9 weeks ago. It was a long self-love process to get there.

Then life happened.
I was blindsided.
I’m unbelievably strong.
I’m resilient.
I’m fucking phenomenal.

I’m working on self care and me.

What I can offer someone now is meaningless sex. This is part of my self care and has nothing to do with you.

I can not offer any little piece of myself to you because I need that for me.

At the moment I can only take. I use you like gym equipment. I won’t even grab the spray and paper towel and wipe you off.

Thanks for asking.
*****i26 Couple
20 Posts
Easy.
*****i26 Couple
20 Posts
To bad your so far away Laugh_at_life...Berlin is in the future. Hit us up if you're in Zweibrücken!🙂🍷🍷
*********life Woman
201 Posts
Quote from *****i26:
To bad your so far away Laugh_at_life...Berlin is in the future. Hit us up if you're in Zweibrücken!🙂🍷🍷
560 km Away. Im a True Berliner. I don’t Even want to leave the ring. (Inner Berlin area surrounded by the Ring Bahn)
**je Man
1 Posts
@*********life I‘m in Berlin for work in 2 weeks for a couple of days, meaningless sex doesn’t sound too bad, if you are interested…
****UN Man
1 Posts
yes i am in frankfurt
how can we link up
*********life Woman
201 Posts
Quote from **je:
@*********life I‘m in Berlin for work in 2 weeks for a couple of days, meaningless sex doesn’t sound too bad, if you are interested…
message me about two weeks before you are in Berlin. 😜
*********life Woman
201 Posts
Quote from ****UN:
yes i am in frankfurt
how can we link up
ooof. Frankfurt is try terrible. I shall not go there again.
****y99 Man
1 Posts
I'm in köln / Cologne for few days regarding work I'm 24 / M , looking for passionate cunnlingus experience. I hope to meet someone and give them a great cunnlingus experience
Australian in Berlin, ladies and couples please let me know if you are around tonight/tomorrow if you would like to meet up for a drink!
*********life Woman
201 Posts
The limp spaghetti comments hijacked this post.

Kindly reply to the initial post if you have it in you. THAT is appealing.
***he Man
1 Posts
?
*********life Woman
201 Posts
Quote from ***he:
?
If you feel comfortable sharing, what is self love to you? Have you ever been at a point in your life where you felt you had to work on the relationship with yourself, and if so, how has this journey been for you?

We can’t wait to read what you have to say‌ *blume*. (Copy pasted from this thread )
well actually I had relationship before about 2 years okay it was short time but she was really good for the first times and then she changed after given too much emotional feelings, I started really suffering and had to feeling to work on the relationship to save it. But she is not worth it , now I changed and just give high priority myself and my life and my statement is much more important for me and just meeting with women and couples (MF) just for have an sex - satisfied given my partners great times - *zwinker* . Nothing more I don't want to waste myself again for relationship, maybe this was my luck maybe in the future will be different I dont know. Hello laugh_at_life and Amanti26 !
Hello, I had one relationship as well, and as you know after given too much love, she really changed and relationship convert to narsist way, then I started give priority myself much more, now I have priorities and standarts, so just meeting with women or couples to enjoy nothing more, don't involve their life etc. Much better. *g*
*********life Woman
201 Posts
The two answers above blocked me so I can see the answers but not the profile.

🤷‍♀️

OK. Do I remind you of the narcissist? Have you deleted the profile? Am I that person to you or just life happened and you moved on.

Either way kudos for you to answer.
*********nots Woman
212 Posts
Wonderful article, and a great song I shall buy myself flowers everytime I pass that stall on my way home. *taetschel*
Wow, if this is the view of love and relationships nowadays, stop world I want to get off.

I dont think these approaches are mutually exclusive. You should love yourself or at the very least accept yourself and all the little or big things that you may not like so much. Chances are that if you like yourself someone else will do so too.

As for the other half, the jury is still out for me. I know there is not just one person out there for us and it is very much a question of getting out there and looking in places that improve your chances of finding a suitable person. Joyclub is a good start.

We can all be selfish but I think when you have genuine feelings for someone and they have genuine feelings for you, you should be concerned about the other persons wants, needs, desires, concerns, fears etc etc. If not move on and find someone that does meet this description. They are not unicorn like mythical beings. They exist. Remember that your behaviour will influence other peoples behaviour, boundaries and limits.

If you go into a relationship totally cynical because your last relationship did not go as planned then you may end up conditioning the second relationship. The fact is forging a healthy relationship is not easy but to get to a good place you need to risk being hurt. If you dont want to take the risk then it is unlikely anyine will want to take a chance on you.

Sorry for the babbling. It may be complete rubbish but I dont think so.

Best of luck
*******rks Man
14 Posts
Isn't that "I'll buy my own flowers" line inspired by Virginia Woolf?...
Anyway, for me self-love is a means and not an end; no (wo)man is an island and loads of self-love can't change that.
Quality time alone is amazing and I'd say even fundamental for a healthy mind, but it's not "an end" for me. If I love myself I'll feel more like loving others; that's "an end".
I can't imagine a scenario where I love myself and that doesn't lead to loving others.
Anyway, I'm 48% allergic to the word "self"...

(Perhaps I'm missing the point of the article; it might be aimed at a specific audience.)
*********rial Woman
47 Posts
Thread creator JOY-Team 
To clarify: the meaning of the article is, as we understand it, not to be egocentric in every aspect of your life, but to put yourself first when you need to, and work on having a healthy relationship with yourself rather than merely focusing on relationships with others and trying to fill an empty space in your life with someone else. But surely the author would not deny psychological basic needs like relatedness and belonging, so of course loving others and receiving love from them is also crucial for leading a happy life! But this love doesn't always have to be of romantic nature *zwinker*
*******rks Man
14 Posts
Thanks for the clarification; it's a good complement to the article IMHO.
(That thanks button doesn't work for me *g*)
*******uals Couple
26 Posts
Who’s the love of my life!?
My wife.
She’s my best mate, soul mate, play mate, my emotional/physical/financial/spiritual support.
She’s my guardian angel, my good influence, my bad influence…my source of pride, my strength, my weakness…she’s my (huge) missing piece. My everything.
Just as I am to her (she tells me! 😅).
We’re gonna spend our lives together and then our ghosts are gonna find each other and carry on as normal. 😂
If appreciate not everybody gets to have that in a relationship, but I can assure you, the answer the the question ‘who?’ - its not ‘me’.
*****yer Man
1 Posts
Quote from *******uals:
Who’s the love of my life!?
My wife.
She’s my best mate, soul mate, play mate, my emotional/physical/financial/spiritual support.
She’s my guardian angel, my good influence, my bad influence…my source of pride, my strength, my weakness…she’s my (huge) missing piece. My everything.
Just as I am to her (she tells me! 😅).
We’re gonna spend our lives together and then our ghosts are gonna find each other and carry on as normal. 😂
If appreciate not everybody gets to have that in a relationship, but I can assure you, the answer the the question ‘who?’ - its not ‘me’.

Nice
Want to join the discussion?
Register now for free to discuss hot topics with others and ask your own questions.