Why feeling lonely ?

Why feeling lonely ?
Hi everybody ,
So we are human and sometimes have bad emotional or feeling lonely but sometimes really though to pass it, Do you had any time like this ? How to pass through this feelings ?
******_hb Man
17 Posts
I think feeling lonely from time to time is a common human feeling, especially after a breakup or any other tragedy. When it hits me I take a lot of me-time but also have meetings 1-1 with really good friends whom I can talk to about that if they have the capacities therefor *g*
More complicated is a constant feeling of loneliness but that's something I discuss with my therapist.

Hope I could help you and wish you a better day than yesterday! *g*
*********nots Woman
212 Posts
Sorry to hear you're feeling low, as @*******i_hb said it is perfectly normal to feel down sometimes as it is part of our human biology...When it gets to it, there are 2 ways of dealing with it for me- either accepting or distracting. Talking trough the issues with people close to me and reflect deeply, or may throw myself into work and exercise to take my mind off...It depends what is the best in the situation!
*********Beef Man
192 Posts
Yes, but it's not uncommon EVERYONE feels lonely at some time or another. If not you may want to check for a pulse. Getting through it can be tough or at least feel that way depending on how heavy the feeling settles in. Having hobbies helps. Taking a walk. Going out to a cafe or so and maybe striking up a conversation. Attending a festival is a good way to raise your chances of meeting some people. If you have the possibility a pet can also help keep that lonely feeling from coming so often. In short, before I ramble on, it hits us all some harder than others as I said but don't let it become a blanket try to fight against it and get out, or try one of the tips suggested. I hope you are doing well and I hope this helps, if even a little.
**C Man
12,061 Posts
...feeling lonely is something I'm sure all of us know. Life doesn't always run in the fast lane. The important thing is not to fall into depression and feel permanently sorry for yourself. You have to try to pull yourself out of the hole, e.g. through diversion. Not always easy and it can take time,...
Well,
Feel lonely is fine. You can try to find new friends, start a new hobby and try to connect to other people.
For instance, I'm running with a group of people I found on fb and I play Padel with some friends.

Now, feel lonely AND horny is a problem that unfortunately I don't have any piece of advice to give you 😅
Thanks for all answers, i was actually pointing creating this thread to see the people are also same or they ignoring those couples issues, how they handling etc. But those all message are pretty given right points, Thanks
*********life Woman
198 Posts
Mental health is something not often talked about especially with men. Lonely is a small piece of the puzzle. Therapy is brave. Reaching out to friends or family if you are feeling blue is the right thing to do. Some of those blue impulsive feelings are fleeting so you just have to get through a few hours.

I’m extremely lucky to have incredible friends. Some of them are really lonely sometimes and they know they can reach out to me and I will drop plans to see them. This is why I’m unable to add anyone else to my social circle as my cup is full.

As for me, while I’m a social butterfly, I like being alone. Sounds strange but I am content sitting in a restaurant alone, traveling alone, going on a bike ride by myself.

Sex is the exception. While self pleasure is grand, mutual pleasure hits differently.

Better to be alone and wish you were with someone than be with someone and wish you were alone.
*********Beef Man
192 Posts
Did he leave the post... ironic...
**C Man
12,061 Posts
Quote from *********Beef:
Did he leave the post... ironic...

...maybe he got lonely?
*********life Woman
198 Posts
Ooooh. My next post is about profiles that are deleted but we can see the comments still. Love the chatter.
****rt Man
1 Posts
Hu
*******uing Man
38 Posts
Talking about this is really important, and brave to ask. Having lived with depression and people around me, suffering badly. The first step is realising that you want to do something about it, and doing it. The first step, is doing exercise, and this can be anything, walking, gardening, etc, anything that makes you slightly out of breath. So will give you a more positive outlook, sitting at home doing nothing is worst thing to do, go out, have a coffee, a walk. Good luck.
******s88 Woman
2 Posts
Find someone to talk to: find someone you can trust and share your feelings and thoughts with them. Sometimes the very presence of a listener can make you feel better.
Do things you enjoy: do things you enjoy, such as listening to music, watching films, exercising, etc. These activities can be distracting and make you feel more relaxed and happy.
Learn to relax: Learn some relaxation techniques such as deep breathing, meditation, or yoga, to name a few. These techniques can help you relax and reduce stress and anxiety.
If you want to forget the past, you can try the following methods:
Accept the past: accept that the past has happened and that it cannot be changed. This is an important first step that allows you to move on.
Make a plan: make a plan that includes what you want to achieve and how you will achieve them. This can help you focus on the future rather than the past.
Do positive things: Do positive things such as volunteering, learning new skills or travelling. These activities can help you rediscover the joys of life and make you feel more meaningful.
Want to join the discussion?
Register now for free to discuss hot topics with others and ask your own questions.