Scents and allure

*********life Woman
198 Posts
Thread creator 
Scents and allure
Getting to the end of summer but having a small heat wave in Berlin reminded me that my olfactory sense is important in being aroused.

What is your preference when it comes to scent on a possible date/hookup/partner?

I like people’s natural scent and find it can be quite a turn on. There is a slight smell of the soap used or shampoo that helps define “your scent” so I am not really a fan of perfume or aftershave and not cologne at all. Freshly showered might make you feel a bit more confident but I enjoy a little scent of the day.

(I don’t mean “just got out of clubbing for 12 hours” stench or the beer sweats after hanging in a beer garden for hours with the crew. 😂)
****h82 Woman
577 Posts
Vote for „original“ 😉🫶🏻
Good perfumes should do precisely that: amplify a natural scent, evoke the freshness of clean laundry, and depending on the occasion, have an animalistic undertone.

Artificial fragrances don't appeal to me much. I love the scent of rain and the sea.
*******fer7 Man
1,359 Posts
I feel exactly as you explain.
******ily Woman
80 Posts
@*********life
Thnks for the nice topic. 👌🏽
I agree mostly and topic with you, as an addition I quote @******ord as it also agrees with me and it is essential to know what suits you and amplifies.
Those two in combination are my personal preference.
***u3 Man
6 Posts
Months ago, after spending maybe 30 minutes trying all sorts of parfumes on little paper strips at one of the local shopping malls, I eventually decided I liked a Gucci parfum. I like to use it during social events because I did notice some women had a very enjoyable olfactory presence. So far I received no complaints and a few women explicitly told me they like it.

I imagine it can be a double-edge sword, in the sense that some people might not like my specific choice, a bit like not liking somebody's dressing style. And while a neon magenta piece of clothing is easy to avoid by averting one's eyes, a scent might be less avoidable.

In general scent alone is not a turn-on for me and might be a turn-off if it's bad, but it's not something I pay a lot of attention to. Ultimately I like partners for their many qualities and while a good scent might capture might attention, it will only be a small part of the equation.

Might be of interest that scents are no small thing evolutionarily speaking:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_odour_and_sexual_attraction#:~:text=An%20evolutionary%20explanation%20is%20that,of%20males%20with%20dissimilar%20MHCs.
*******rks Man
14 Posts
I agree 100% with @*********life!

Additionally, I hate perfumes in any situation. I don't know how it came to this, but it just bothers me the same as tobacco or a cold-started diesel: overwhelming.

A few years ago the Helsinki airport had a "scent-sensitive" passage between safety-check and gates (probably still has). I could kiss the person who agreed to implement this! If you're reading: let me kiss you; I'll focus on the corners of your mouth and make you feel like a butterfly is lifting you! Please? *g*

A partner once started smelling me "right away" and I found it creepy. Now it's I who tries to smell everyone as soon as possible to "gather information about them"; I'm subtle at the beginning, though.
And I do feel more aroused when we're not freshly showered; If you were "out with the crew" then yes, let's shower and make the best of that. But if you've been having a normal day then please don't shower; let's just do it and get drunk on the pheromones.

Smell is such an interesting and powerful sense... If you'd ask me to remember the smell of someone I miss, I couldn't reconstruct it in my mind or describe it. But if I smell it on someone somewhere the memory immediately hits like a piano falling from the 5th floor! Lovely.
I love love by Moschino Eau de Toilette. This perfume assisted in me falling in love with the incredible woman who wore it. Ladies if you want a man to fall for you, this scent is very strongly recommended.

NOTICE: I swear by all that is sacred that I have no relationship with Moschino nor do I benefit from this post in any way whatsoever.

Play safe!
I can't easily commit to a fragrance on me. At the company, I mostly use RedColorado; for the time after that, I now have a collection, many samples included...
Want to join the discussion?
Register now for free to discuss hot topics with others and ask your own questions.