Am I sex addicted ?

*******l25 Man
2 Posts
Thread creator 
Am I sex addicted ?
Hi... Almost all time I'm thinking about a sex.. is it normal ? I'm almost always ready for sex... masturbate every day... and I'm not shamed for that...
*******mamo Man
1 Posts
Same here
*******ibz Man
13 Posts
Same
*******fun Man
1 Posts
WTF….same here! And the sex is intoxicating 😋
*********Beef Man
193 Posts
You're not alone buddy. *hi5*
*******_t_a Woman
18 Posts
I am with u guys😂
**********lsara Woman
32 Posts
It’s fun and feels good; what’s not to like?

An addiction is something that interferes negatively with your life. As long as that’s not happening, have at it, I say.
******tor Man
51 Posts
And the question was „am I sex addicted?“.

I have recently had the discussion and like most commentators here before, I think sex all the time and Yes, I am always ready to go.

Does it make an addiction? I don’t think so. I am happy with it and believe that it is a substantial part of life in itself. Were we not having sex on our minds all the time, our species would risk extinction. Not because we burn fossil fuels, but we forgot to f..k.

In my mind this is normal behaviour and as long as it doesn’t cause you any damage or problems, socially or personally or anywhere else, you have nothing to be worried about.
*******_en Man
2 Posts
All perfectly normal.
*******uft Man
10 Posts
Good to hear that also females have the same problem. I thought that this is a typical Male thing.

Another question from my side. Is there something what we can do against it?
*********rlust Couple
312 Posts
Since there are so few women here, I, the she in our couple, will chime in. My husband always jokes that I think about sex only once a day = all day🤣

To top it off, I have actually consciously and intentionally used sexual fantasies at the dentist to get over my fears- and it worked- Made me totally relaxed..so I drift there whenever I feel anxious - what is bad about that ??? 😎 *sonne*
*********life Woman
236 Posts
Men might think about sex once every seven seconds but women who are sex positive can have sex 3-4 times a day. We can cum a lot more times with very little down time between.

Honestly I’ve never met the man who could match my sexual stamina. One came pretty close but we only saw each other once every other month.

Vacation sex is great. Sometimes a handful of times a day for 7 days in a row u less you are doing a physical activity like diving. 😂

I’d love to find a woman with the same stamina. Perhaps we would never leave the flat. 😜
Not normal when someone not thinking about the sex and not having it. All the rest if it is not painful for others without their acceptance is normal.
*******003 Couple
28 Posts
Quote from *******_t_a:
I am with u guys😂
If I were you, I'd think about sex every time I see this body in a mirror.
*******mvu Man
43 Posts
Same
**********2play Man
8 Posts
Sex, is like food... You want to think about it, eat as much as you need/can ... Unlike food, you don't get fat from sex and if safety and hygiene is observed, will just bring you some orgasms and peace ... And more need for sex.. but that's what the point of sex is 😉😍
*******fer7 Man
1,516 Posts
I think we must differenciate between sex addiction, what is an illness as every addiction, and sex wish or sex hubby.

You could love sex and being one of the drivers of your life, but when you do business, you do business. When you do sport, you do sport, etc.

If sex takes away focus and concentration of other areas, there is a problem that must be fixed in order to be happy.
**C Man
12,564 Posts
...if it doesn't interfere with your daily life, it's ok...
*********nots Woman
332 Posts
Sex for me is like.. the more you have it, the more you want it! Libido and desire must be cultivated. Once flourishing, it is omnipresent in my life! And that without any shame!
******fel Woman
1,423 Posts
It is only a problem if there is distress for yourself or others. If it functions as an addiction to the detriment of other things. Like if thinking about sex prevents you from everyday activities, work, maybe talk to someone about it.
If you are just a horny person, that's fine, as you read, you are not alone.

Personally I am on the axexual spectrum and do not think about sex all that much, aside from working for JOYclub, kink on the other hand remains a fascination.
*********nies Couple
120 Posts
There is no such thing as sex addiction. Look it up (in a proper psychiatric manual not the press...).

There is only OCD in relation to certain forms of sexual behavior.

So enjoy your sex "addiction" *zwinker*

I agree that even if men think about sex almost all the time, many women think about it more often than that *g*
**C Man
12,564 Posts
Quote from *********nies:
There is no such thing as sex addiction. Look it up (in a proper psychiatric manual not the press...).

...you seem not to be up to date:

quote:
It was not until 2022 that the World Health Organization recognized "compulsive sexual behaviour" as a mental disorder and included it in its catalog of diseases.
*******_63 Man
118 Posts
to @**C: ...and from then on shrinks and dispensing pharmacies and other well-intentioned like-minded medicals had another means of making a few bob "correcting" those ill-fated randy souls - or another way of living happily ever after.

I guess you know how a new "idea" of what's wrong with all of us gets onto the ICD 10, 11 + list, namely a good few impo(r)tent old geezers travel to lovely conventions in lovely tropical destinations with lovely resorts, with lots of lovely booze, lots of lovely golf, lots of other lovely distractions after their hard work debating every raunchy possibility
• and when all those are properly discussed, and agreed, the long list features another little item that desperately needs to be cured.

the real cure is: enjoy it while you can! As often al you can!
*********nies Couple
120 Posts
What @*******_63 says is absolutely true

Moreover:

a) "compulsive sexual behavior" is not the same thing as "sex addiction" (necessarily) and
b) the WHO has nothing to do with it, although they wish they could control every aspect of human existence

The reference text is the DCM-5
Admittedly I have not consulted the latest revision, but the non-existence of such an affliction has been widely discussed in relevant circles and many putative psychiatric disorders recognized in the past have been removed, although they invent plenty to replace them.

If, however, such a disorder does exist, then you can tell us what the diagnostic criteria are and we can answer OP's question definitively, so let's do that.... *zwinker*
*********nies Couple
120 Posts
I don't know much about the ICD-10 but checking it out, it clearly does not contain a taxonomy of psychiatric disorders, since it includes even things like "sexual harassment", which is obviously not a disorder. I think it is just a statistical classification system and like most medical data I am sure it is completely useless even for its intended purpose.
Want to join the discussion?
Register now for free to discuss hot topics with others and ask your own questions.