Happy International Women's Day

Do you celebrate 8th of March?

Permanent survey
*********nots Woman
212 Posts
Thread creator 
Happy International Women's Day
International Women's Day (IWD) is a holiday celebrated annually on March 8 as a focal point in the women's rights movement. It originated during the Suffragette movement and gained importance in the second wave feminism.
But what does it mean to us today and how do we celebrate it?
*blume2* *blume2* *blume2* *blume2* *blume2* *blume2* *blume2* *blume2* *blume2* *blume2* *blume2* *blume2* *blume2* *blume2* *blume2*
Me being of Russian heritage, 8th of March is one of Russia's biggest public holidays, it is second only to New Year and Russians go all out to congratulate their women. On this day all ladies are expected to receive flowers and gifts and are in for a treat by their husbands and colleagues.
Many people may argue that all women should be treated well at all times and not on this one day only, considering how much hard and mostly unappreciated work they are doing all year round. So it seems that men use this day as an excuse to make it up to them...
I personally like the celebration of womanhood on that day which stands for many more things as feminism, equality, sensuality and uniqueness of women and there is no fault in pointing that out, what must not mean it is non-existent on other days of the year.
Also I would be happy to receive a nice bunch of flowers as long it comes with a true intention! *roseschenk*

What do you think about IWD, do you celebrate / support the idea of IWD?
******812 Man
1 Posts
Every day is women's day моя королева ! ☝🏿🥰
*****ien Man
49 Posts
@******812 you're absolutely right. It definitely should be.
******bub Man
15 Posts
@*********nots
💐💐💐💐💐🤗🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂
****79 Man
13 Posts
Ja Frauentag und Muttertag ist sich Mittag
****erj Couple
1 Posts
И попробуй забыть про цветочки и подарки!!!!
))))
Want to join the discussion?
Register now for free to discuss hot topics with others and ask your own questions.