Openness and Indian culture.

******ger Couple
1 Posts
Thread creator 
Openness and Indian culture.
I have always wondered why many of us have the difficulty in opening up the relationship. Or to have fun as a couple.
Whenever it comes to the sexual life, people I have encountered are usually "discreet" or the "partner shouldn't know" types, especially if the guy has a bisexual interest.
What is your experience in these matters?
*********SAIN Man
24 Posts
@******ger I belive the difficulty lies ruted in the cultural / societal rules and regulations both women and men are bound to, I feel coming from an India background one could even today see that people live two life's, it is not because they are un true but the society that we grow up as Indians force to live in terms and couples do not open up thinking the other might suspect them of their true and honest feelings from a negative perspective.
****si Man
10 Posts
Group moderator 
I totally agree with what BlackMix_SAIN said, Sex is still a Taboo topic in India / Indian culture. Thereofe people are not open about it. There is always a fear of what will society think, what if someone saw us etc. I know there are many people who want to try and explore but are afraid to do so.
That is also one of the purpose of this group to give a safe space to people to explore their desires and Kinks.
*********SAIN Man
24 Posts
@****si @******ger
I was also referring to not just sex being taken as a taboo, but the topic of open Ness to physical experiences and pleasure on physical terms, poly amorous or having more than one partner is a taboo and monogamy is much more systematically and by law Patronised. This creates fear and people to think their natural thoughts are wrong and evil
*********SAIN Man
24 Posts
@****si @******ger
I was also referring to not just sex being taken as a taboo, but the topic of open Ness to physical experiences and pleasure on physical terms, poly amorous or having more than one partner is a taboo and monogamy is much more systematically and by law Patronised. This creates fear and people to think their natural thoughts are wrong and evil
*********perer Man
7 Posts
Further to what's been already said, I believe our foundational mindset and upbringing drives our choices or restrictions when it comes to relationships and sex. Lot of what JC is all about is not something that we as either a man or a woman explores during late teens or adolescence. Most Indians lose their virginity quite late in the 20s and perhaps only after marriage. Adding to this complex web of relationships and what's right or not acceptable is focus on our careers rather than experimenting with our sexuality, increased weightage on discretion or fear of shame to oneself or to the family as most Gen Y were raised in a joint family environment where "society" opinion matters. Particularly, when it comes to open relationships or polygamy, these factors as a premise do not allow for true bigamy or polygamy. However, this I feel is largely changing with the changing nature of the very same factors. I mean, look at insta. Many Indian girls and boys express themselves in a way (sexually) that you couldn't imagine not so long ago. I recall how once upon a time, 1 shady MMS or a pic leak would be such a dramatic situation. Now, people are willing to not care about their privacy and just express, experiment with who they are, who they want to be, what do they want to do without much regard for anything else. It would still take a while as maturity develops further. Even most Indian cuckolds, polyamourous couples don't prefer say Indian couples or Indian single men. But someday and perhaps very soon, it would be common and people and couples develop further maturity in accepting many of the things they still, deep in their mind, consider as taboo!!
Want to join the discussion?
Register now for free to discuss hot topics with others and ask your own questions.