What’s happened to Club AC?

*********heLaw Couple
10 Posts
Thread creator 
What’s happened to Club AC?
Hi, we used to go to London a couple of times per year to Party. Our favourite location always was the Club Antichrist, recently hosted at Fire. Now it appears they were not allowed to carry on with a dark room and play area. I read they are changing venue, but I didn’t really understand the reasoning behind the ban. Is it a legal reason and might it affect other clubs? Can someone give some background on this story? Cheers.
*********nots Woman
212 Posts
Group moderator 
Club AC is a great night, I used to love going when it was run at Electrowerkz! I heard that something happened to the Fire, which is a venue for various fetish nights. I am not sure what exactly, only that some events cannot take place there anymore, which is a huge shame! I will post in this thread when I find out more whats going on... *oh*
*********rn332 Couple
15 Posts
Hi, here is what I get from the 1st post from AC:

Due to new venue licensing regulations, Club AntiChrist has had to change and update our rooms and rules. From March 22nd onwards, we won’t be able to have a playroom or dungeon, and sexual acts are not allowed anywhere in the venue. We believe these updates are actually a positive thing, as it’s become harder to ensure all guests’ safety and enjoyment in the last few years.
As Fire is the only venue we can fit our rooms into, we have to adapt and evolve in order to continue. We hope you'll agree that a new style of AC is better than no AC at all!

then they issued a 2nd one with more info

I think our first statement didn't convey our frustration, our sadness and our anger of the situation regards licensing of AC and other fet events in Vauxhall. We feel it's a degradation of our freedom and our liberties which if we're again honest I think going forward we're going towards more draconian rules and less freedoms.
To clarify the change in licencing at Fire is being driven by the Metropolitan police. We either had to accept the changes or not run an event in March.
We decided as March was booked, we have awesome shows and a fabulous line up of DJs that we'd focus March on being a fet and kink friendly event with the same wonderful people and atmosphere. Meanwhile, we are still looking for a new venue so we can put our playrooms back on the bill in the future.

Hope that helps
*********nots Woman
212 Posts
Group moderator 
Thank you so much for sharing this info.
''honest I think going forward we're going towards more draconian rules and less freedoms'' is a tendency one keeps hearing more and more in London nowadays... *oh*
*********heLaw Couple
10 Posts
Thread creator 
I wonder if it makes a difference if it’s an event in a location like fire or a dedicated swinger club. Of course there were infringements on clubs because of covid in the recent years - but that should be a thing of the past by now. We loved the club AC because of its scale and diversity. - also good to have a good time out when we need some city life. Great news: It looks like they found a new location now. Anyway would be interesting to hear about alternatives and the british mindset.
*********nots Woman
212 Posts
Group moderator 
Good to hear! Have fun dancing at AC! Won't make this one but hopefully in near future!
The Brits are an interesting and resilient folks! And will always find a way to continue their belief (even it is a kinky one) *top*
Want to join the discussion?
Register now for free to discuss hot topics with others and ask your own questions.