Have you learned anything about yourself?

Have you learned anything about yourself?
During lockdown, have you learned anything about yourself that you might not have known if not for forced lockdown?
*****d79 Couple
542 Posts
Mr Meland writes - After 9 Months of Home Office, isolated from my Colleagues to a large extent (only Web Cons), my suspicion has been confirmed. I dont like my Colleagues and dont miss them *grins*
Thought it may have been the open plan Office
*******121 Man
1 Posts
Nothing new has been learned 😊
I enjoy my own company far more than I enjoy the company of others.

I'm not as industrious as I once believed. I'm OK with it but it was a bit of a shocker when I finally realized it.

There is absolutely no reason anyone who works on a computer, telephone, or teaches for a job should ever need to work in-person or in an office.

Emotional intelligence is not connected to a person's age or life experience. Training someone to improve their emotional intelligence is only possible if they open and willing to improve.
*****d79 Couple
542 Posts
*oh* just occurred to me.
Something else I learnt about myself. I was very, very, desperately stressed. Many business trips. Also when I was home I had a one hour drive to work (should be 30 minutes but Germany does love to have roadworks for years), 8 hours (min) at work and another hour for the drive home. 10 hours out of the house, then trying to have a family and private life. I was running myself ragged. Much more relaxed now.
***o2 Couple
142 Posts
I Am definitely an extrovert. I have learned that I miss social interactions more than I thought. I miss going downtown with my friends and husband. I need those social interactions. They helped me stay motivated and get out of bed everyday. Lockdown in the spring was easier because at least it wasn’t as cold outside but lockdown in the winter is like living in a cage.
*********osaur Man
305 Posts
> I'm not as industrious as I once believed. I'm OK with it but it was a bit of a shocker when I finally
> realized it.

This is the painful one for me.

I don't struggle finding things to do/enjoying my own company - I struggle to keep it enjoyment balanced with a productive schedule.
********icus Man
170 Posts
Lockdown what lockdown ? business as usual for me *smile*
*********osaur Man
305 Posts
"Finally I have the time to sit down and - ah, it's December already!"
Quote from *****d79:
Mr Meland writes - After 9 Months of Home Office, isolated from my Colleagues to a large extent (only Web Cons), my suspicion has been confirmed. I dont like my Colleagues and dont miss them *grins*
Thought it may have been the open plan Office
hahaha. Hopefully they don’t read this. Awesome
Quote from ***o2:
I Am definitely an extrovert. I have learned that I miss social interactions more than I thought. I miss going downtown with my friends and husband. I need those social interactions. They helped me stay motivated and get out of bed everyday. Lockdown in the spring was easier because at least it wasn’t as cold outside but lockdown in the winter is like living in a cage.
yes. I find I am going hiking on the weekends even in crappy weather just to “get out”
****rdo Man
1 Posts
I just learned that if I want to move away I need a chaos *g*
*******ner0 Man
55 Posts
I learned that I am an extrovert till 11:00 am, then I the introvert the rest of the day. If i dont take my coffee make it since 10:15. 😂

Jokes a part.. i work same hours, i do more, better and get tired less. And exercise more. Also is possible to organise to meet friends blocking agendas.. also kinky friends if a so wish.. even a coffee break with cake can't beat that one 😉
****are Couple
5 Posts
I thought I could live without other people, but that turned out to be not true.
I'm even lazier than I was afraid I am.
re: "I hate my coworkers" - the bliss of meeting only those coworkers you actually have to meet...
*********re1st Man
24 Posts
Honestly, no. I already knew I was an introverted person, unlike my extroverted wife, however, I was surprised at how much I missed going to a pub or a party? My wife must be rubbing off on me. 😂
*********ffolk Couple
11 Posts
I discovered how easy it is to put on 6kg of weight without even trying very hard!
Quote from *********ffolk:
I discovered how easy it is to put on 6kg of weight without even trying very hard!
only 6? Legend. 10 is the norm. *zwinker*
******902 Man
67 Posts
Quote from *********ffolk:

Not only this, but how hard it is to work those kilos back off.

I'm still struggling to work off "Lockdown 1.0", now with "Lockdown 2.0" and winter ... *bier*
I’ve learned that I am adapting to the situation well work wise and have exceeded my bosses expectations while woefully thinking I have failed them all.

I miss physical contact if even a handshake or hug. This is surprising to me as I used to not like being hugged.
**C Man
12,067 Posts
...I learned that hoarding toilet paper and noodles during a lockdown isn't a too brilliant idea... *zwinker*
*********sjohn Man
17 Posts
During this lockdown I realized how easy it is to feel alone and get frustrated because it’s tremendously difficult to live only with oneself.
I got busy with painting,watched numerous documentaries,ran,biked,cooked interesting stuff however I still found that I was missing out on enjoying the company of interesting people.
I then found a like minded woman on Tinder and we now spend almost every weekend doing interesting stuff in a responsible way like going for long walks,drinking good wine,talking about different cultures,different life options,etc. Our friendship turned fast into a non committal physical relationship and we spend a lot of time letting our selves explore our sexuality where time or inhibitions don’t exist.
This has completed my lockdown agony and I must say that I am happy to have made the best out of a screwed up situation.
Quote from *********sjohn:
During this lockdown I realized how easy it is to feel alone and get frustrated because it’s tremendously difficult to live only with oneself.
I got busy with painting,watched numerous documentaries,ran,biked,cooked interesting stuff however I still found that I was missing out on enjoying the company of interesting people.
I then found a like minded woman on Tinder and we now spend almost every weekend doing interesting stuff in a responsible way like going for long walks,drinking good wine,talking about different cultures,different life options,etc. Our friendship turned fast into a non committal physical relationship and we spend a lot of time letting our selves explore our sexuality where time or inhibitions don’t exist.
This has completed my lockdown agony and I must say that I am happy to have made the best out of a screwed up situation.
tinder was a nightmare for me. Swiped yes and chatted with 3. Made dates. All found an excuse not to meet. I deleted Tinder. 😂
@*******Lady You were very smart to delete Tinder as soon as you were able to.

I had a similar experiences with Tinder but I stayed longer than I should have. When I actually met these guys from Tinder (which was extremely rare) they were complete fuckboys and wasted my time.

I decided after several vanilla dating sites, I prefer the quality of people on Joy.
@*******n74 - there are fuckbois here too. Generally the people here are better yes. I met my pervy husband in a vanilla dating site in the US 13 years ago. 😂
*********sjohn Man
17 Posts
I don’t know I Guess it’s all about being careful when u select someone you want to interact with, the intent and honesty also plays a big part without a doubt.There is always bound to be good and bad every where.I am not judgemental about anything.I preference to avoid what I am not comfortable with.
Want to join the discussion?
Register now for free to discuss hot topics with others and ask your own questions.