Flirting on Joy vs appreciation

*********life Woman
201 Posts
Thread creator 
I was chatting with a friend over this and we had different opinions and I was curious on your thoughts.

When you “like” a picture are you actually liking the art /inspiration/kink of the picture or are you actually trying to get the attention of the subject in the picture?

The reason I ask is that sometimes I see a really well done, thought out picture with nice lighting etc and I give one of my limited number of likes.

I recently had a person click on the “no thanks” button. That was interesting to me because I was not reaching out for anything and just actually liking the whole picture in itself.

For me, if there is a like I take a look at the profile of the person that sent the like, where they are located and see if there is any possible anything in the future. If yes, I will respond with a thanks if some sort to open the door.

Curious for your thoughts on this subject.
*******tio Man
1 Posts
Fully agree on your stance laugh_at_life. A 'like' on the picture shows first and foremost the appreciation for the pic (composition, theme, etc.) and has less if anything at all to do with the individual who posted the pic. That comes and should be addressed, if it is there, in a separate message.
***be Man
28 Posts
I do it mostly to appreciate the art and hopefully to also get the attention of the person on the other side. When I get a like but don't feel the vibe, I simply reply with short thanks.
I would more the former. Mostly for the art/thought; not really for an interaction as i would have written to the person already. But if we ended up talking and vibing away so why not.
*******_84 Man
54 Posts
Usually, I'm just liking the picture as well. If I am interested or feel like something could develop, I'll write a couple of sentences to (hopefully) convey my interest
*******att Man
4 Posts
I agree. If I click that 'Like' tab, it's because I like the photo....but not necessarily in a way that I must contact that person. I have also had the "No Thanks" response, does the site not allow gratitutde to be given as a result of a compliment?
**ch Man
1 Posts
I agree
I agree with you, it's funny how people take likes differently. I have noticed the same, and experienced same. Sometimes I like person, sometimes I like foto and or scene or just like, and the conversation ended. Nothing written at all with what I could offend or something, with no expectations or whatever. I do not understand sometimes. By the way, I just liked you foto of sharks, please end the conversation 😜
*********life Woman
201 Posts
Thread creator 
Quote from **ch:
I agree
I agree with you, it's funny how people take likes differently. I have noticed the same, and experienced same. Sometimes I like person, sometimes I like foto and or scene or just like, and the conversation ended. Nothing written at all with what I could offend or something, with no expectations or whatever. I do not understand sometimes. By the way, I just liked you foto of sharks, please end the conversation 😜
😝 I saw you liked my pic. I looked at your profile and like your pic as well but you are 660 I’m away so not interesting. I’m more interested in people living inside the ring in Berlin. 🥰
******Mix Couple
79 Posts
Id say its always if i actually like the picture , nothing more. it could be i like the composition, that the couple look nice, or a certain attribute falls into my preferences. If its a friend and i notice they have few likes, sometimes i dish them out there also. But thats it.

Its an interesting subject though as behaviorally i guess we all interpret things differently. For instance if a get a like for my profile from a single man i 'ignore' them right away. i feel its a lazy approach. I'm always suspicious of the 'pity me' posts too. those posts loaded with 'oh i just happen to be at a hotel in x on Tuesday bored' or 'Why is it i cant get a date on Joyclub' type posts, where in my eyes at least these are merely fishing posts no more realistic than when you think that person in the supermarket is giving you the eye where in fact they are thinking 'fish or meat' for dinner.
*****lam Couple
18 Posts
Same with me! I am LINH. When I get a Like I always try to reply with a Thank you. So far same same….But after I sent my Thank you the world starts to burst into trinity :))) some are polite, many are stalking with offers that aren’t nice..Few are respectful and attract me with their comments…. But I believe that’s an amazing copy of real life reactions and thus I love it! We are on Joyclub now for 4 years, the majority of our experience is great! Kisses and Hugs ! LINH
**C Man
12,068 Posts
.... I give "Likes" mainly for posts in the forums or for pictures in picture threads. I never "like" profiles myself. If a profile interests me, then I write to it. If I get "likes", then I usually thank them. Sometimes it results in a nice contact, but most of the time it stays that way, I don't expect anything coming from it...
***u3 Man
6 Posts
Same thing here: if I like a photo it's because I like the photo, it doesn't mean anything more. Sometimes I leave a comment, that might be to both compliment and attract attention.
*******tlux Couple
161 Posts
We are happy when other members show their appreciation for our pictures or videos. We try to answer everyone with a “thank you very much“ message. Some thinks it’s a door opener, despite their profile doesn’t fit ours or what we are looking for. However, unless that they become annoyingly persistent, we’re still happy about all the likes 😀
**********shine Woman
745 Posts
Same stance as @*********life. Tho in my experience, some users seem to view it as me signaling interest, sending either (very much unwanted!) dick pics or explicit fantasies.
Vice versa, i get spam-likes to my photos, which at some point i view as “notice meeeeee!”
Thankfully, Joy offers the option to turn off notifications about likes.

A way more tricky, but linked circumstance: Not only a like but comment on a photo. When i press “like” here as thanks, in 99% the follow up is attempt at Smalltalk or the stuff mentioned above. i respectfully turn them down - but that respect ist not always returned.
Ftr: gross, explicit comments under my photos get deleted as soon as i see them.

I post photos bc i’m confident in myself, not as open invitation.
*********life Woman
201 Posts
Thread creator 
Quote from *********tten:
Same stance as @*********life. Tho in my experience, some users seem to view it as me signaling interest, sending either (very much unwanted!) dick pics or explicit fantasies.
Vice versa, i get spam-likes to my photos, which at some point i view as “notice meeeeee!”

A way more tricky, but linked circumstance: Not only a like but comment on a photo. When i press “like” here as thanks, in 99% the follow up is attempt at Smalltalk or the stuff mentioned above. i respectfully turn them down - but that respect ist not always returned.
Ftr: gross, explicit comments under my photos get deleted as soon as i see them.

thank you for sharing. I agree about the dick pics and often get them, unsolicited of course. I find that gives the sender a rapey vibe. I can say, in no uncertain terms, that I’ve never received an unsolicited dick pic and decided to meet the (offender) sender.

Again, thanks for your insight.
******s88 Woman
2 Posts
What everyone likes is different. Only when you meet interesting ones, more stories happen.
*********life Woman
201 Posts
Thread creator 
Quote from ******s88:
What everyone likes is different. Only when you meet interesting ones, more stories happen.
thanks for unblocking me and writing back. 😁
******ily Woman
81 Posts
Quote from *********life:
I was chatting with a friend over this and we had different opinions and I was curious on your thoughts.

When you “like” a picture are you actually liking the art /inspiration/kink of the picture or are you actually trying to get the attention of the subject in the picture?

The reason I ask is that sometimes I see a really well done, thought out picture with nice lighting etc and I give one of my limited number of likes.

I recently had a person click on the “no thanks” button. That was interesting to me because I was not reaching out for anything and just actually liking the whole picture in itself.

For me, if there is a like I take a look at the profile of the person that sent the like, where they are located and see if there is any possible anything in the future. If yes, I will respond with a thanks if some sort to open the door.

Curious for your thoughts on this subject.

A like is a like of the pic, for whatever reason in my opinion, but certainly it's not an attempt to get in touch.
If I like it's not more than that, and the other way around I don't see it as more either.
And a simple thank you is an adequate answer regarding the like, in my personal opinion.

And if men, since they can't text me, try to slip in my personal CM over a sneaky like, just because I'm polite and said thanks, they will get instantly blocked...
Cause let's face it, that's just disrespectful, nasty and gives me an instant ick.
******ily Woman
81 Posts

This so called flashing.... I actually have a ftiend here and if she gets unwanted pics, she reports them and they all get a law suit from her as its punishable here by law as it should be...

And yes, comments which I don't agree with, get deleted...
*********life Woman
201 Posts
Thread creator 
@******ily - as I understand it, men can’t write unless they pay. Couples and women can. This might be why they are doing that.

How is your friend suing a man for a dick pic if everything is anonymous ? I don’t think the platform is helpful in identifying someone that crosses a line.
**********shine Woman
745 Posts
“And if men, since they can't text me, try to slip in my personal CM over a sneaky like, just because I'm polite and said thanks, they will get instantly blocked...
Cause let's face it, that's just disrespectful, nasty and gives me an instant ick.”
@******ily

Exactly!

“as I understand it, men can’t write unless they pay. Couples and women can. This might be why they are doing that.”
@*********life

and yet, there are several who sent as first message (without a like or comment underneath a photo) lengthy sexual fantasies and/or dickpics (tho to be fair - ive got unwanted pussy photos as well from couples).

So i guess… dont underestimate the willingness of people to be gross - even if they have to pay for the “access” to do so.

And it still begs the question… when someone is - very clearly - out of their league, profiles don’t match at all - why still “try ur luck”?
I mean, i LOVE idris elba! But i’d not flash my boobs and climb his face when he passes by and says “thanks for being a fan”. (ok, that metaphor made me laugh tho)
*********life Woman
201 Posts
Thread creator 
I wrote a nice post about things I liked and also what not to do. Don’t send a long laundry list of what you want to do or dick pics etc.

Joy said it was not in the spirit of what they were looking for @******ily @*********tten

*g*
**********shine Woman
745 Posts
I wrote a nice post about things I liked and also what not to do. Don’t send a long laundry list of what you want to do or dick pics etc.

Joy said it was not in the spirit of what they were looking for @******ily @*********tten

:)

sincere apologies!
******ily Woman
81 Posts
“And if men, since they can't text me, try to slip in my personal CM over a sneaky like, just because I'm polite and said thanks, they will get instantly blocked...
Cause let's face it, that's just disrespectful, nasty and gives me an instant ick.”
@******ily

Exactly!

“as I understand it, men can’t write unless they pay. Couples and women can. This might be why they are doing that.”
@*********life

and yet, there are several who sent as first message (without a like or comment underneath a photo) lengthy sexual fantasies and/or dickpics (tho to be fair - ive got unwanted pussy photos as well from couples).

So i guess… dont underestimate the willingness of people to be gross - even if they have to pay for the “access” to do so.

And it still begs the question… when someone is - very clearly - out of their league, profiles don’t match at all - why still “try ur luck”?
I mean, i LOVE idris elba! But i’d not flash my boobs and climb his face when he passes by and says “thanks for being a fan”. (ok, that metaphor made me laugh tho)

Thank you @*********tten
Totally relatable, and loving your humor regarding idris elba... *lol* *lol* totally made my day

I don't even wonder I particular why the dimwitted minded pple who pay behave like total chimps... But that's rhetorical let's z face it... 😉
******ily Woman
81 Posts
@******ily - as I understand it, men can’t write unless they pay. Couples and women can. This might be why they are doing that.

How is your friend suing a man for a dick pic if everything is anonymous ? I don’t think the platform is helpful in identifying someone that crosses a line.

Thanks @*********life but that's rhetorically meant... I couldn't care less why there are doing it!. I was just giving my insights 😉
You go to the police and just do it, that's how it's done.
It has nothing to do with anonymity and that sure as hell wouldn't stop me either
Want to join the discussion?
Register now for free to discuss hot topics with others and ask your own questions.