Slow and steady wins the race?

*********rial Woman
48 Posts
Thread creator JOY-Team 
Slow and steady wins the race?
Hey JOYclubers,

in today’s modern society most things tend to happen pretty fast, and sex & dating are no exceptions to that. In our newest article, Paulina Tenner gives insights to the world of slow dating, slow attraction and slow sex. If you’ve previously thought slow equals boring, she might just be about to change your mind on that, so click here to read all about it!

What about you: Do you take things slow every now and then or are you more of a racer? Feel free to share your experience down below!
*********life Woman
201 Posts
This was a good read and a lot of points were made that I agree with.

Quick sex is fun once in a while but I usually do not get off. I’m turned on by someone’s mind so this takes time and energy on both sides.

Someone with a beautiful outside that has spent countless hours in the gym and counting calories has put the time in but if they can’t form a sentence, my body responds by being turned off.

The writer describes getting messages like “I will be in town for one day and can see you at my hotel between 2 and 4pm”. I get many of these and usually respond by copy / pasting what’s in my profile as the sender seems to have missed what I want every time. I see the writer does not respond to those at all which is another way to deal with those.

Berlin does not seem to be the place where long term relationships start. Most of the people I know who are in one did not meet in Berlin but moved here together to enjoy the hedonism.

One night, week, month whatever… it’s a slow burn for me that involves conversation that gets my juices flowing.
***be Man
28 Posts
I think it all depends on the contest. For example I like doing it in public places and it’s never easy to really relax and express yourself as you are scared to get caught 😅. Now in the bedroom, I like to take my time as I like good foreplay and will probably be flipping my partner around 😁 I also think that most women are not sincere when they say they need time to connect to someone to be able to have great sex I mean some of the best sex I had was were one night stands and some of the ladies involved agreed with me.☺️
*********life Woman
201 Posts
Quote from ***be:
I think it all depends on the contest. For example I like doing it in public places and it’s never easy to really relax and express yourself as you are scared to get caught 😅. Now in the bedroom, I like to take my time as I like good foreplay and will probably be flipping my partner around 😁 I also think that most women are not sincere when they say they need time to connect to someone to be able to have great sex I mean some of the best sex I had was were one night stands and some of the ladies involved agreed with me.☺️
I can tell you in no uncertain terms I am not insecure. 😁
****yl Man
1 Posts
Most of the time it is very much more erotic & new witch leads to way more fun
*********uema Man
2 Posts
yes, of course taking the time that an encounter needs to let it grow into its most beautiful form will feel slow if "i" got used to do it faster, focusing on other criteria instead of enjoyment of the moment.

and i obviously agree with most of the article, but certainlly not so much with the title, for instance. perhaps a clickbait? the whole idea, after all, will be to have no race to begin with!

(i started to deviate too much and will soon move it into a new thread, if that will appeal to you.)

i feel the main idea behind this stands as an attempt to simply connect deeper with people, which we all desire and have many different means to do it.

(and when i think about all i want to say here, though, even a book or a well produced film will not fit all repercusions of this simple connection need: gender differences, my own struggles, culture, language, money, time, privacy, ahck!!)
Want to join the discussion?
Register now for free to discuss hot topics with others and ask your own questions.